Dish Anywhere issues on PC

Which receiver are you using? I always had problems with my original Hopper. With the HWS connecting is much more reliable. Just connected using FF on my PC without any problem.

Please provide the following information in a PM to me so we can assist you further: what is the computer and OS you are using, the browser version, your online ID, the mode the receiver is showing (yellow, green, or gray), and if the red Sling Adapter light is illuminated. Please let me know. Thanks.

I am having the same issues for about a week now. I am on Chrome and have cleared my cache. I can see my guide and everything saved on both hoppers but when I try to watch something either live or recorded it says I am not connected. I have an old hopper with sling adapter and a new one and all worked fine up until a week ago. :confused:

Please provide the following information in a PM to me so we can assist you further: what is the computer and OS you are using, the browser version, your online ID, the mode the receiver is showing (yellow, green, or gray), and if the red Sling Adapter light is illuminated. Please let me know. Thanks.

722k receiver -

Log onto Dish Anywhere on my phone or PC, I keep getting the "Receiver is not online" error message. However, if I send the option to reboot via PC, the receiver reboots, so I know the connectivity is somehow there.

If I use my phone to access the DVR and start watching a show, no problems, the show comes up. If I use my phone to watch a show on Live TV, no problem.

If I use the PC to do any of this, I get the not online message.

I have rebooted the receiver twice, rebooted my router, reset the network connections, and still the issue. But, the guide updates daily, my Xbox connects to my network as does my PC (laptop) every day, so it isn't the network/router.

Thoughts??

Which receiver are you using? I always had problems with my original Hopper. With the HWS connecting is much more reliable. Just connected using FF on my PC without any problem.

Tried Hopper and a HWS. Both are the same. Works great with Firefox, no video/audio with Chrome or IE.

I have the same problem! I have tried all the above with no results. I can use the app on my Android and it works great, but my PC has problems 95% of the time. Once in a blue moon it will connect when I am away from home. Connects 100% of the time at home. Now, I use the internet service at work all the time and have no problems watching movies from the DishAnywhere website. As soon as I try to access my DVR it will not connect! I can't add it to the firewall at work because that's not possible, but if I can access the net every time and access the movies and such on the the DishAnywhere site, then what is the problem? I just upgraded my router's firmware and software and it does show the Hopper on the devices list. I am hoping this will correct it. I am going back to work tomorrow so I will be testing it again. It is strange that you can remotely hundreds of miles away reset your DVR but can't access the contents, smells of a software problem on Dish's side. Thanks

I can finally use it! Don't know what I did but I can now access my DVR remotely. I did upgrade my router with new firmware and a new desktop program that shows all devices connected. I really think this had a lot to do with it.

requested info has been sent.

Downloaded Firefox and had the same results. Also was able to try on our home computer and it worked fine with the same version of Chrome. Since I am on my office computer I believe they have changed something in my fire wall. Thanks for your offer of help but I believe my problem is not with Dish.

Last edited:
DIRT team, I sent the requested info and no response......

today, I couldn't use my phone to even catch live TV, but anything on my DVR, no problems.

Help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)