Dish Anywhere picture quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Templeton0543

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Central California
I was watching Kojak on my iPad the other night steamed from my H3 dvr. It was a terrible picture quality! I have watched episodes on my tv with great results and checked back the next day and all was fine. Is this normal? anything to be done about it?

Many variables could be in play. The upload speed where your hopper is located. As well as the download speed/ signal quality of where your iPad was. Whether or not you streamed it versus transferring it to the iPad. The quality selected for the transfer, etc. Going back and playing it on the hopper to check or verify likely wouldn’t really matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was like watching a blurry show on a bad tv back in the 70s. my speeds normally are 30d and 10u, signal is great, dvr is on the other side of the wall and it was streamed. Other HD channel recordings are fine, this,SD channel is bad, just checked another Kojak recording and it is bad.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Iv been wondering the same thing for months now. If you’re streaming something directly from the Hopper 3 on your Fire tv, Apple TV or iPhone the quality is bad.. maybe 720p. The quality used to be excellent until a software upgrade changed it.. Now if you stream one of the internet streamed channels from Dishanywhere it’s excellent. We have Gigabit Fiber internet with a Wi-Fi 6 router so we know our equipment isn’t an issue! The Hopper 3 used to stream locally over the home network. It seems to stream out to the internet back to your local network where quality suffers. I haven’t been able to find answers for that.