DISH Backs off on service fees

MoiMare

Original poster
Nov 3, 2006
I need your expert advice on a really upsetting issue.
I signed up for DISH on August 14 on their own website, got AT100 with locals, DishHD, HD DVR (two rooms).
The fees were:
AT100 $30
HD DVR $6
DishHD $20
HD Rebate -$20 for 10 months
Locals $5
I am 100% sure of the fees and the terms (10 month rebate), I wrote everything down, but DISH’s confirmation obviously doesn’t include fees and terms, pretty sneaky, that way they can change anything they want and you have no proof of the contrary, unbelievable! Some way to do business!
I just got my first bill and it shows I am on Home Advantage, I never signed up for that, and no rebates whatsoever! I called and of course they say they never had a ten month rebate blah blah blah, what a bunch of liars! How can I hold them up to the terms I signed up for, not the terms they want to put me under, Help please.

I know one of the 10 month rebates is a mail in...at least it was last summer. You had to mail in a form, then you start getting the bill credits.

Yes you had to send in a mail in rebate for your discounts. If you did not read the stuff that came with your first bill then you missed out on that.

You also get the home protection plan free for the first 18 months. You should see a credit at the bottom of the bill that balances out the charge.

Go here to get your mail in redemption form and to check the status of it: DISH Network -- $100 Back

The DHPP is part of the promotion that you get for free for 12 months... you used to get it for free for 18 months... if you look close at your bill you'll see you are being charged for it and then it's being deducted back off...

It takes 8-10 weeks before you'll see the $10/$20 credit on your bill and you'll get it for the full 10 months to follow... the promotion changed on August 15th... good thing you signed up and was active on August 14th... People on the 15th don't receive the credits..

If you would of signed up for HD on August 15th you would of received 6 months free... timing is everything with these promotions and I wish the person that talked to you would of disclosed everything...

Yea the rebate is correct, you need to mail it in.

To be honest with you, you should have ordered over the phone and the sales rep would have gone over the mail in rebate when they read the standard sales disclosers.
Isn't it a shame too many young people believe the internet is perfect and better than actual conversations!:):):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)