Dish Bill Going Up $42.00 in May?

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
Did Dish just put in a massive increase that I didn't hear about? I was checking my bill and I see that my May bill is going up $42 in May. The only thing I see on the bill is a notice that Dish Protect is going up a dollar and some prorated charges and prorated credits. I did not change, interrupt or otherwise alter my service in any way and have been on autopay forever. Any ideas?

DISH bill May 2022 Charges.JPG
DISH bill May 2022 Dish Protect.JPG
DISH bill May 2022.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
107.99 is the regular price for the 250 package. Sounds like you had some kind of promo price or credits that ran out. I would like to also know if you got them to give any more discounts.

Reactions: david_jr
I just looked at my account online and my May 19th bill is the same as my April 19th bill, but I do not have the Protect Plan, which obviously did not protect you>lol

Reactions: david_jr
Ok thanks for the replies. Apparently when I upgraded to the H3 back in May 2020 I got a 2 year promo rate on the Top 250. Now it is time to pay the piper so it looks like my monthly is going up $20. So in true satellite fashion they charge two months to start to stay ahead. Going to have to dump the DPP and the Movie pack which we rarely use.
DISH bill May 2020 Charges.JPG

And this crap is why we will never have Dish or DirecTV in our home. FTA and OTA (both free) and Amazon Prime streaming is it. Currently paying $119/yr so about $9.92 a month for 2 day package delivery, prime music and video streaming. We hit it hard too so more than worth it even when the price increases to $139/yr for us next year. :D

Reactions: Jillian2
And this crap is why we will never have Dish or DirecTV in our home. FTA and OTA (both free) and Amazon Prime streaming is it. Currently paying $119/yr so about $9.92 a month for 2 day package delivery, prime music and video streaming. We hit it hard too so more than worth it even when the price increases to $139/yr for us next year. :D
PA has a sales tax on Amazon Prime so you will want to add that in to your $139 for next year. I just paid my Prime for this year and it totaled $151. CA has about a 10% sales tax.

I just renewed Prime at $119 for the next year, and will renew again next year for the same price. Before the new price increase took effect, I bought myself two Prime 1 year gift subscriptions.

With taxes the $139/year makes it $150/year here in AZ ($150.54 to be exact)

PA has a sales tax on Amazon Prime so you will want to add that in to your $139 for next year. I just paid my Prime for this year and it totaled $151. CA has about a 10% sales tax.
With taxes the $139/year makes it $150/year here in AZ ($150.54 to be exact)

Still well worth it, even with taxes. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Disappointingly, Amazon is going up every year as well .... $99. to $119. to $139. you say .... yikes.
$40 in 3 years is quite a lot.

Disappointingly, Amazon is going up every year as well .... $99. to $119. to $139. you say .... yikes.
$40 in 3 years is quite a lot.
It has been 4 years since a price increase, 2018 was when it went from $99 to $119, 4 years before that was when it went from $79 to $99.

Amazon last hiked the price of Prime in 2018, when it increased to $119 from $99. Four years before that, it raised the subscription fee to $99 from $79.

It has been 4 years since a price increase, 2018 was when it went from $99 to $119, 4 years before that was when it went from $79 to $99.

Amazon last hiked the price of Prime in 2018, when it increased to $119 from $99. Four years before that, it raised the subscription fee to $99 from $79.

Thats not how I remember it ...
I paid $ 99 till last year when it went to $119 and now another almost 20% ....
Can't wait till the year after for another 20% .... at what point do you say Enough is Enough.

I do use it, but its gonna cost more than my Sat sub soon. :confused:

If it wasn't for the Prime Video, I would have dropped it already ...

A few weeks ago, I reordered something that I always get in 2-3 days .... after I ordered it, it showed deliver would be in 28 days. WTH.

• Sad
Reactions: dweber and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts