Dish called - Signal Loss

I had a call last fall after some storms. I believe these calls are from Dish Service contractors who are trying to keep their techs busy and they get paid from Dish HQ if you have the monthly service "add on".

I had a call last fall after some storms. I believe these calls are from Dish Service contractors who are trying to keep their techs busy and they get paid from Dish HQ if you have the monthly service "add on".

Do you mean DISH Protect? I do not have that. They said it would be free...

These STB outbound calls are made when the receiver sends back health data over the course of weeks or months and they can determine the signal strength or MoCA quality is dropping over time and at such a rate where system functionality will be impacted. These are legit calls and DISH is trying to be proactive so customer's don't wake up one morning with signal so weak that their system does not work. A storm or an isolated outage is not going to trigger a customer to be added to the list of customer's who need a tech sent out.

Heh. All fixed now. Signal levels are much better. Lowest signal in the diagnostics he ran was 58. The only "sales-ish" think he did was ask if he could take a recording of my sound bar since apparently they are supposed to try to sell them, but as I already had one that was "better than what we sell," he didn't bother to try.

He did point out a couple of pine trees that were likely to give me LOS issues in a year or two or three.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I recently received the same call from Dish Network needing to send a Tech to check things out. I had remembered reading this thread and made the appointment.

Before they came out (I have 2 HWS :p)
Bedroom Hopper Sat. 61.5 showed 47-75 range readings Sat.72 was in the 41-51 range.
The Living Room Hopper Sat. 61.5.. 48-73... Sat. 72 41-51 range.

After he change some connectors
Bedroom Hopper Sat. 61.5 ..56-80 Sat. 72...48-60
Living Room Sat. 61.5..59-79...Sat. 72 48-57.

Bottom line was improved signal. He said at the connector near the LNB had some corrosion so he changed it. Since I recently just had the 2 Joeys upgraded from 1.0 to 3.0 he didn't have to go through the info sales pitch :clapping The last tech that was here did that.

The last 2 tech's that have come out February and May have been very nice and helpful...overall positive experience...YMMV

I also shared some of Scott's recent Team Summit info which I will post in that thread.

Thanks Satellite Guys :hatsoff for making me a more informed consumer.

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts