Dish can't count HD - Barrons

Here's another one:

Dish Gets Busted Lying About Reaching 200 HD Channels - Gets called out by DirecTV, others... - dslreports.com

Nice work PR department! :)

"However, when I told them I could not locate more than around 130 HD channels listed at DishNetwork.com, the company's PR department got even more evasive -- and started to act a bit strange. At one point, a company spokeswoman said she could give me a breakdown of the 200 HD channels on "background only," meaning I couldn't attribute the information to Dish Network."

Good , I want him to finally get called out on his lies.
I can't wait untill someone like Comcast starts running commercials about E* bogus claims.
Can't wait to see him flat out Lie in the next Charlie chat.

I agree with them for calling them out...

200 Channels are just that... Channels that broadcast a schedule of shows. Not a static video on demand program that lives onmy hard drive.

Sorry DISH you do not have 200 HD channels.

I can feel a DIRECTV "To Tell The Truth" ad coming up. ;)

Is any TV provider making accurate claims as to what they have for HD channels? I don't think so. They all lie and each company keeps trying to add more to out do the other. I think this topic has been covered enough over the last 2 years and especially last 2 days. there are like 4 topics on here about the same thing.

Comcast really isn't one to talk about bogusly inflated HD claims... :rolleyes:
Comcast HD | High Definition Cable Service | HDTV

Atleast they are saying 3000 VOD Choices and not channels.

Thats not Bogus,
Since Since D* has over 500 HD VOD choices alone, I know I counted them today. I don't find it hard to believe a cable company wouldn't have more.

But No one will provide a count from E* side, Because they can't.
Must not be alot of 922 sold.

Last edited:
The biggest problem with the claim is that it is distracting from the FACT that Dish added 8 more NAtional HD Channels yesterday. They're ahead in non-sport/PPV channels and this is what they should be hammering on. Instead, they issue a questionable press release and took the wind out of their own sails. Utter stupidity.

Do you think Charlie will produce a list at the request of Directv?
I feel he should. Even if he is counting VOD.
Its better to be heard, then bring nothing but silence to the table.
That just shows he knows his claim is bogus

I don't think Charlie should do anything at the request of a competitor. I think he should do it to be more transparent to his customers (and or potential customers). But I don't think a company should do something because a competitor requests it.

Doesn't sound too good.
So does anyone with a 922 got the extra 57 hd channels?
Maybe since he knows there are hardly any 922's in circulation, he won't get caught.;)

Little does he know all the 922 owners are from DBStalk and Satellite guys.:up

So lets get this right, if 2000 922's have been sold , which I doubt.
That leaves 14,098,000 of E* that don't get over 200 HD channels.
Strange:)

Is any TV provider making accurate claims as to what they have for HD channels? I don't think so. They all lie and each company keeps trying to add more to out do the other. I think this topic has been covered enough over the last 2 years and especially last 2 days. there are like 4 topics on here about the same thing.

Agreed ... who is D*calling out E*. They are way behind E* in HD that SHOULD be counted. I could really care less what anybody claims ... I am smart enough to look at what is available and make decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)