Dish closing more Blockbuster stores

I must be a mutilator then:D I simply loathe when the picture doesn't fill the tv screen!That was one of the reasons that pushed me to hdtv.Little did I know that letterbox movies would still be in letterbox format on a 16x9 screen.:eek:
At least most of the sat content natively fills the screen.It was terrible on 4x3 screens.

The 4:3 to 16:9 stretch should simply be called " Danny DeVito Mode. "

When I was at our local Bloclbuster yesterday I didn't see any closing signs so I am thinking the store is ok.

The manager at the store I go to says the going out of business sales starts on Feb.14 so no signs up yet, maybe that is the same for the other stores set to close

The manager at the store I go to says the going out of business sales starts on Feb.14 so no signs up yet, maybe that is the same for the other stores set to close

That stinks, I didn't want to ask our store manager about the status.

Not (or soon to be) anymore. Redbox bought them from NCR and is in the process of re-branding them as Redbox.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent...12/02/redbox-buys-ncr-blockbuster-kiosks.html

Our BB kiosks have changed over to RedBox...
But, if NCR and now Coinstar still own the vending rights to the BB name, whether they are using it or not, it would keep Dish from using it.

Of course, with Coinstar's huge number of Redbox units out there, it may be too late for anyone else to try and succeed in that space, anyway.

Passed the Blockbuster in Lititz, PA on my way to work. Store closing signs were in every window. Extremely disappointed due to the fact that it was one of the reasons I had the BB@home package, I could always get the newer releases in the store on my way home from work as opposed to the "very long" waits to get any of the newer stuff through the mail. Don't know if I'll keep the package now, might just go back to Redbox for DVDs or try their new $8 streaming service with 4 free kiosk rentals. Already got an invite to their beta program.

Just discovered my Blockbuster in Annandale, VA is one of the ones closing, despite the fact that it's doing well as far as traffic and profitability. Lease is up at the end of this month. :(

Lease is up at the end of this month. :(

Which, IMO, is the real reason why stores are being closed. After all of the other closings, I can't imagine any of the remaining stores being unprofitable. Dish just wants to close the chain and get out of the b&m rental business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts