DISH Comcast Dispute?

How about a number?...Save for youth soccer, the sport here in the US is largely ignored....Tv ratings say it all.
I don't think anyone wants to make this into a which sport is more popular in the USA debate.
However, if you look at the time slots that English Premiere League soccer is slotted on NBCSN and USA there really aren't too many other things they can put on that compares ratings wise. Especially when Arsenal, Manchest United or Liverpool play.

FYI. MSL TV ratings for opening weekend were down 40% over last year's opening weekend ratings and 11% down from the average ratings last year. I was pretty sad when I heard this because TV ratings were on the rise. Hopefully it was just a blip. But I somehow don't think so.
This was my view of the field on the Columbus Crew opening game. There was a great crowd for the game. The only pictures I can take within an hour of the game are through the camera pictured. I love soccer. But most people in the US do not share my passion for the game.

12809573_1139807942716451_8083941103234438277_n.jpg 12814726_1139944296036149_2912650022860905481_n.jpg

FYI. MSL TV ratings for opening weekend were down 40% over last year's opening weekend ratings and 11% down from the average ratings last year. I was pretty sad when I heard this because TV ratings were on the rise. Hopefully it was just a blip. But I somehow don't think so.
This was my view of the field on the Columbus Crew opening game. There was a great crowd for the game. The only pictures I can take within an hour of the game are through the camera pictured. I love soccer. But most people in the US do not share my passion for the game.

View attachment 114993 View attachment 114994
It's a game to play..not watch in America

Well, for the record, the cost for ESPN that carries all the popular sports costs several dollars. NBCSN which carries much less popular sports costs much less per sub. So we can end this needless derail. You don't like soccer, good for you. If you like soccer, well clearly you are an outstanding person and great American and YNWA.

My wife watches a couple of them...As I walk through the living room, I have to stop and look in...I always ask the wife how it is she can watch such miserable people...
She just yells at me to move along....
I understand her, you are better off to just move along. LOL

I don't think anyone wants to make this into a which sport is more popular in the USA debate.
However, if you look at the time slots that English Premiere League soccer is slotted on NBCSN and USA there really aren't too many other things they can put on that compares ratings wise. Especially when Arsenal, Manchest United or Liverpool play.
Yes....But when someone makes a statement that draws a conclusion, my first reaction is to look at the claim. If it appears to be weak or baseless, I question it..
Hence the reason I asked the OP to define his use of "a lot"....

Is Dish the first company to go to binding arbitration with NBC?

In arbitration, does Dish and NBC each submit their proposals and the arbitrator must pick one or does the arbitrator actually negotiate a middle-ground settlement?
An arbitrator simply forces both parties to act like civilized adults and make genuine effort in negotiations. Without him/her, one party can (and probably does) show up, give their demands, and says "call us when you agree to these".

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: jegrant
Lost Girl lost me when Bo ( Anna Silk ) decided she was a lesbian. The pull of Kenzi ( Ksenia Solo ) wasn't great enough for me to stick around. I've about had it with "The 100" as well for the same thing with that main character, but at least there is a lot more going on and they FINALLY killed off her lesbian Grounder lover.

As far as Battlestar Galactica. Ron Moore stated from the very beginning that it would likely only run 3 or 4 seasons. I'd hate SyFy for killing Caprica and Stargate Universe instead.
What's wrong with lesbians?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tyralak
That's odd.......Because every sporting event appearing on any NBC/Comcast outlet is available on line through their website.....The caveat is one must subscribe to NBC/Comcast services through a pay tv provider.
I have the NBC Sports Network App on my AppleTV which is verified with my Dish Network account. If Dish and Comcast reach an impasse, I expect my authorization to be invalidated. BTW, I tried using my AT&T U-verse credentials but since I don't have U-verse TV services, and it obviously doesn't work.

The Comcast SportsNet sports networks are part of NBC Universal. Dish and DirecTV have never carried CSN-Philadelphia. Could Dish request arbitration as a vehicle to obtain CSN-Philadelphia?

The Comcast SportsNet sports networks are part of NBC Universal. Dish and DirecTV have never carried CSN-Philadelphia. Could Dish request arbitration as a vehicle to obtain CSN-Philadelphia?
they can get it but the cost is way to high for them also they will need to also get TCN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)