DISH Comcast Dispute?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sure, right after I commit to two more years of Dish Network by getting the new Hopper 3, another provider dispute. My wife warned me that this was going to happen!

And, until Dish engineering fixes the OTA adapter issues on the Hopper 3, if my local NBC affiliate gets pulled from the satellite feed, I lose the ability to record NBC shows OTA.

Melbourne's this weekend, too... So good thing Dish sued to keep the NBC/Comcast channels for now. I'm sure part of Comcast's negotiations with the FIA for carrying F1 in the United States was exclusive, so no way for us to purchase an on-line F1 streaming package. I'm sure that would be rather salty!

Is Dish the first company to go to binding arbitration with NBC?

In arbitration, does Dish and NBC each submit their proposals and the arbitrator must pick one or does the arbitrator actually negotiate a middle-ground settlement?

Is Dish the first company to go to binding arbitration with NBC?

In arbitration, does Dish and NBC each submit their proposals and the arbitrator must pick one or does the arbitrator actually negotiate a middle-ground settlement?
I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on message boards. :book:biggrin I think it depends on how the merger approval was worded. IMO it will probably be the middle ground.

Reactions: Tampa8
The only time I watch the local NBC outlet is during football season and then not that much. I watch more MSNBC on Saturday nights their Lockup show but they are in reruns now. So let Dish fight with Comcast. Comcast is getting to big for their britches. It would be nice if Dish Network could cut them down a peg or two.

Oh! BTW I didn't realize NBC was part of Comcast. I did read it in an article in the LA Times but it really did register. I hate all of these mergers. It was bad enough when GE owned NBC which it bought from RCA. Sounds like alphabet soup!!

Has anyone heard anything about a Dish/Comcast dispute? My mother just called and was asking me about it, she said her and my dad were watching something on USA, and a scroll came across "Attention Dish Network Customers, you will soon loose access to USA, Bravo, SyFy, etc..." I wasn't aware that it was nearing the time for their negotiations.
SUre is a dispuit any new updates

Lost Girl? Never heard of it....I'm certain the ratings are just screaming "renew this show!!!"....

Lost Girl lost me when Bo ( Anna Silk ) decided she was a lesbian. The pull of Kenzi ( Ksenia Solo ) wasn't great enough for me to stick around. I've about had it with "The 100" as well for the same thing with that main character, but at least there is a lot more going on and they FINALLY killed off her lesbian Grounder lover.

As far as Battlestar Galactica. Ron Moore stated from the very beginning that it would likely only run 3 or 4 seasons. I'd hate SyFy for killing Caprica and Stargate Universe instead.

As far as Battlestar Galactica. Ron Moore stated from the very beginning that it would likely only run 3 or 4 seasons. I'd hate SyFy for killing Caprica and Stargate Universe instead.
The creators of BSG killed BSG and musn't ever be forgiven for it.

Sure, right after I commit to two more years of Dish Network by getting the new Hopper 3, another provider dispute. My wife warned me that this was going to happen!

And, until Dish engineering fixes the OTA adapter issues on the Hopper 3, if my local NBC affiliate gets pulled from the satellite feed, I lose the ability to record NBC shows OTA.

Melbourne's this weekend, too... So good thing Dish sued to keep the NBC/Comcast channels for now. I'm sure part of Comcast's negotiations with the FIA for carrying F1 in the United States was exclusive, so no way for us to purchase an on-line F1 streaming package. I'm sure that would be rather salty!
That's odd.......Because every sporting event appearing on any NBC/Comcast outlet is available on line through their website.....The caveat is one must subscribe to NBC/Comcast services through a pay tv provider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)