Dish Could Be Droping More Channels Soon

Hey . Charlie is trying to keep your prices low . Of course , he does not mind his fees HE likes to add on for HIS bottom line . I have not seen any information on that , to answer your question . It would not surprise me though . Charlie would rather remove channels from YOU while he complains about what HE is being charged . Good luck with that . I hope they do not drop them , even for a short time .

I received a email stating that DISH NETWORK could be losing FX,NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL and all FSN SPORT NETWORKS on Oct 1.Anyone else get this email. go to getwhatIpaidfor.com for additonal info...:confused:More contract disputes:mad::mad::mad:

Congrats, you are reacting exactly as the content providers hoped you would (as they try to bolster their case to increase their fees).

(very public) contract disputes appear to be the new thing. I suggest learning to ignore them, or revert to a pair of rabbit ears.

If the post was a hoax, and the poster has any interest in either Google or DishNetwork, it could be a serious SEC violation.
Disclosure- I own both Google and DishNetwork stock at this time. The impact of this news could adversely affect the value of my holdings.

One thing to consider is the financials of each company. Considering the cash and market cap at Dish Network, the price he has in the article appears way too cheap. And, the cash reserves that Google has is way too low and would leave them in a vulnerable position financially. In other words the money doesn't add up. It would have to be a stock trade deal.

Last edited:
I received a email stating that DISH NETWORK could be losing FX,NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL and all FSN SPORT NETWORKS on Oct 1.Anyone else get this email. go to getwhatIpaidfor.com for additonal info...:confused:More contract disputes:mad::mad::mad:

That's a Fox net site. Sounds like they are gearing up for negotiations and not in a good way.

whatchel1 said:
That's a Fox net site. Sounds like they are gearing up for negotiations and not in a good way.
If "they" are gearing up for negotiations, I wonder what they've been doing for the past couple of months.

The reality is we are less than a week away from the contract expiring. Fox let slip once that the contract was expiring. Dish Network has been awfully quiet.

Seriously, People? It was pretty obvious that the Google buying Dish blurb was a joke. It was only mildly amusing at that. The responses from those who took it seriously were funnier. :rolleyes:

Dish/Fox Deal

Has anyone heard any details on whether a deal is going to be done between Dish and Fox before the October 1st deadline for FX, Nat Geo, and (most importantly this time of year) Fox Sports networks? Seems ridiculous that Dish is the only TV provider out there that hasnt made a deal yet!

I'll tell you that would be the straw that would broke the camel for me. As much as I am not fond of Comcast in my area, especially taking into account I prefer DIsh HD picture to COmcast's 3:1 MPeg2 mux compression, not having the Fox channels at all and the Disney channels in HD would be too much to justify what I'm paying monthly to Dish.

Everyone talking about leaving fails to comprehend that they will face the same issues no matter which content "middle-man" they choose to use. The channels will bully each one in turn. Frankly I hope we see that Dish/Direct/Cable tell 'em to take a hike and not to come back until they unbundle their packages, and price things better. Not that I really think we'd ever get all the way to "a la carte", but its never going to happen if everyone keeps rolling over every time a network rattles its saber.

Think of it a different way... let's say $75/month is an "average" cable bill... that's $900/year... or from the time you are out of college.. on your own, let's say 25.. til the time your fat/smoking/too-much-tv-watching butt dies.. lets say 75... that's $45,000 you are paying for cable.... which is what the average family makes in a year (pre-tax). That strikes me as totally nuts.

No need to be a smart a$$... i was just curious as to whether anyone had any news about this one... its a little more important to me than the Disney deal a few weeks ago!

It is looking real now...

The push is going from FOX, still no word from DISH on the issue.

It appears they have 4 days left. :(

This is not good. As I posted before, the dropped Disney channels didn't really effect me, but I could understand those with children being upset. With FX, I watch 3 of their top rated shows, The League, Sons of Anarchy, and Terriers. I'm locked in till next June, but if things haven't gotten better by then I'll probably drop down to the smallest package available, or go completely OTA. As much as I love Dish, it defeats my reason for subbing with them if my channel count keeps going down while my cost keeps going up.

I know this isn't all Dish fault, but with the economy the way it is, and me being on a fixed income while the wife works 2 jobs, paying for TV is option that I really need to take a closer look at.

I will never go back to Insight, and switching to them or even Direct wouldn't help this problem anyway, since it's the stations themselves that's trying to squeeze everyone, not the cable or satellite companies.

IMO, the only way for us to fight back is to drop the cable and satellite companies, and go back to free TV. I know that's not a good option for a lot of us out there (and my wife would fight me big time on it), but the only two choices I see when somebody is trying to squeeze you, is to either pay them and then pay them again and again each time the squeeze, or stop doing business with them completely.
We all got along pretty good before pay TV was around, maybe it's time to turn back the clock some...

Ghpr13:( (Just looking towards the future!)

Last edited:
I suspect this will be a long bitter one, after Fox started the rumors of Dish maybe losing more channels soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts