Dish Could Be Droping More Channels Soon

FSC is not part of the dispute.

Part Time RSNs are not part of the dispute (DirecTV sometimes does the same thing, such as with Fox's FS-Plus-HD).

PS GoalieBob - just create a bot that posts "Full Time HD RSNs" to every thread on every day, and you can save hours of your time...

If you log out and take a look at our homepage, FOX has targeted ads running that says the channels would be leaving on NOVEMBER 1st...

Which is it? October 1st or November 1st?

Hummm. Reading this thread made me realize I probably wouldn't miss it if Dish dropped all FOX channels. I don't get National Geo. FX or FSN in the first place. I can get the local FOX network OTA and hardly ever watch it either. Fox News is probably the only channel I would miss.

Hummm. Reading this thread made me realize I probably wouldn't miss it if Dish dropped all FOX channels. I don't get National Geo. FX or FSN in the first place. I can get the local FOX network OTA and hardly ever watch it either. Fox News is probably the only channel I would miss.

FOX News is not one of the channels that is in danger at the moment.

Only FX, National Geographic and the regional FSN channels.

FSC is not part of the dispute.

"Full Time HD RSNs"
Complete waste of time. Every time i checked when I had these useless channels they were blacked out anyway.
I certainly wouldnt miss them at all, losing channels like this just reinforces the piss-me-off attitude I get lately whenever some jackwagon company demands more money for questionable services.
OTA dvrs and dvd recorders are looking better all the time.

NBA League Pass and NHL Centre Ice

The out of market sports packages

I would like to be the 1st to say that
"I couldn't care less about the NFL". :D ;) especially to all the people that don't care about the MLB and NHL.

I do care about the Center Ice package, even though the majority of games I would watch come from CSN Sportsnet. :cool:

Well anyway this situation will work itself out fast, as in single digit days, or DISH would suffer mass defections.

not from me. Channels I would not miss. I'm all for them calling Fox's bluff.
I second that. I even wrote a message on that FOX website stating that and urging Dish to stick to its guns (I bet it won't get posted on the website itself). They aren't going to scare all of us into defecting.

i won't survive with out fox sports ohio, they carry blue jackets hockey. i will miss the reds, i love watching Cincinnati reds baseball, i would not be happy if fox sports ohio is dropped on friday, and there are only 2 games left on Saturday and sunday.

i won't survive with out fox sports ohio, they carry blue jackets hockey. i will miss the reds, i love watching Cincinnati reds baseball, i would not be happy if fox sports ohio is dropped on friday, and there are only 2 games left on Saturday and sunday.

amazing, you would actually not survive if you didn't have the channel. I guess that puts a lot of pressure on Fox Sports Ohio if they don't allow their signal to continue on Dish... :rolleyes:

I would miss fx and of course would be royally pissed if it messed with NHL Center Ice. The fact is, that really is more of a principle thing. I am sure my bill won't go down, so why shouldn't I be pissed that I am losing channels and not paying less regardless of what channels it is? Plus I am still pissed about the ESPN/Disney channel crap.

I wouldn't miss any of the channels and since I'm in Buffalo and we don't have an FSN, it wouldn't be a big deal to me. But it would have a huge impact on many large markets across the country.

If it wasn't for the FSN channels, I could see Dish playing hardball and not caring.

When I first got Dish, at least some of my local channels were refusing to be carried by dish without (I assume) big fees. So Dish did not have my locals. We don't have great OTA reception, so I eventually stopped watching them altogether and never have missed them since. There's plenty of other content.

I'd miss Nat Geo, but none of the rest.

You'd think in these days of dwinding viewership and increasing content, providers would realize strong arm tactics don't work as well anymore.

If you log out and look at our homepage, FOX is running a targeted ad here on SatelliteGuys and it says NOVEMBER 1st. yet when you click the link it says only 3 days left...

I find it interesting that FOX is targeting SatelliteGuys using the Google Ads. All of the Google ads are about the FOX / DISH issue.

So I guess I should say thanks to FOX for their support via the Google Ads and thanks to everyone who visited their site via one of their links.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts