Dish Could Be Droping More Channels Soon

A la Carte is where it's at. I would gladly pay more than I am now, just to not have the crap to scroll through all the time!
That's why I have created 3 different Favorites. I have my usual daily stuff, Sports, and Networks only.... I only scroll through what I want to see.

See ya, don't let the door hit you on the way out.....

Stay up all night thinking about that one, or did it come to you all at once in a great "whoosh" of creativity?

But seriously, as a dish customer, I think it's important to get feedback from subscribers about what's their tipping point to change providers or cut the cord altogether. I like sat and want it to viable in the future. That viability has something to do with how strong current customers are willing to look for alternatives.

It's also interesting that the younger gen (my son for xmple is 23) would never consider paying for cable or sat. It's all about the internet. These channels we love seem to be of little appeal to the gen that will also never pay for a land line phone.

Stay up all night thinking about that one, or did it come to you all at once in a great "whoosh" of creativity?

But seriously, as a dish customer, I think it's important to get feedback from subscribers about what's their tipping point to change providers or cut the cord altogether. I like sat and want it to viable in the future. That viability has something to do with how strong current customers are willing to look for alternatives.

It's also interesting that the younger gen (my son for xmple is 23) would never consider paying for cable or sat. It's all about the internet. These channels we love seem to be of little appeal to the gen that will also never pay for a land line phone.

Excellent post!.:)

But I would imagine your son would pay for cable once he sees the download/upload speeds of cable internet and if he likes computer games.:)

What you say is true it will be all about the internet even though I'm a computer illiterate I see it coming faster than some would like.I expect to go full internet TV in another year or less.;)

IPTV is the wave of the future. I do not think the satellite / cable companies are seeing much if any loss in subscribers due to it just yet but I think that will change within the next 2-3 years.

IPTV is the wave of the future. I do not think the satellite / cable companies are seeing much if any loss in subscribers due to it just yet but I think that will change within the next 2-3 years.

I believe cable is gonna primary focus on broadband so they can be the roadway for IPTV. I just got a new Sammy 46 LCD, which comes with apps for Netflix, Blockbuster online, Vudu, Hula Plus, Facebook, Utube, Napster, Pandora and more. It will be the way of the future.

Which is why most bandwidth providers (i.e. cable companies providing internet services) have put severe bandwidth limits in place, to prevent just this thing from happening.

I believe cable is gonna primary focus on broadband so they can be the roadway for IPTV. I just got a new Sammy 46 LCD, which comes with apps for Netflix, Blockbuster online, Vudu, Hula Plus, Facebook, Utube, Napster, Pandora and more. It will be the way of the future.

Yes that's a good example,but for those not needing a new HDTV those apps also are being added to gaming systems(Wii,XBox ect.) Blue Ray HD DVD players,and stand alone boxes like Roku.;)

I just got a Roku box yesterday and joined up with NetFlix for a free 30 trial.
First impressions:
I like the Roku box as an added video device. Nice PQ on my Sammy.
NetFlix's streaming video works great (with my 20MB broadband), but the selection of movies aren't the greatest. Lots of old stuff...Like "Die Hard" & "The Godfather"(which was listed as "a new arrival"??). About the newest movie NetFlix had to offer as streaming was "Zombieland" which I've already seen.
I will say that in TV shows, NetFlix has a pretty great selection, "Weeds", "Family Guy", "Dexter", and so on. I like too that I can catch episodes of these TV shows that I have missed. Like the "Star Wars" homage by "Family Guy".

Hope this wasn't considered too far OT, just thought I comment since I just set things up yesterday.:)

Ghpr13:)

I'm surprised this net is even in business anymore.

Yeah it'll be completely useless (except for you yankees fans who get a game every now and then) once WWE SmackDown! moves to SyFy on Oct. 1st. This channel will no longer offer any original programming but repeats of other network tv shows.

The latest generation are those that are more into computers. Those young folks know how to get on a computer and access content. They will be less likely to subscribe to satellite / cable tv as a result. It is just a matter of time before IPTV will start making a dent.

If more channels continue to drop may have to look at moving. The local cable company (Suddenlink) here does not offer HD or Internet so my option is Dish and AT&T for Internet. I think if they drop channel(s) it should void the contract but that will never happen. I say buying each channel is our only ption to keep everyone happy. The channels I enjoy may not be as important as others, but we got to have locals. If they drop my local FOX that will be the last straw. Especially with no Sunday Ticket on Dish.

If more channels continue to drop may have to look at moving. The local cable company (Suddenlink) here does not offer HD or Internet so my option is Dish and AT&T for Internet. I think if they drop channel(s) it should void the contract but that will never happen. I say buying each channel is our only ption to keep everyone happy. The channels I enjoy may not be as important as others, but we got to have locals. If they drop my local FOX that will be the last straw. Especially with no Sunday Ticket on Dish.

I-net is the only reason I have SuddenLink. They pretty much stink other than that.

Yes that's a good example,but for those not needing a new HDTV those apps also are being added to gaming systems(Wii,XBox ect.) Blue Ray HD DVD players,and stand alone boxes like Roku.;)

Thats true, I have been using my xbox for netflix for over a year now. However, with the new sammy lcd I just bought, there is no need to buy a xbox gold subscription, or buy a Roku. Plus part of the best buy deal on the sammy tv included a sammy blue ray, which is internet connectible too;)

Anyone heard any update on the negotiations?

Can't believe Dish would chance losing the MLB playoffs and especially the World Series for their customers since I'm sure a major rebellion would take place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts