Dish CSR just told me the 922 purchase price would be $1000!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

djjenkins

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
I just got off a internet chat with a E* CSR, and had some random questions. I ended by asking if they knew how much the 922 would be to lease yet. The CSR told me there was no lease price yet, but the full purchase price is estimated to be about $1000!

WOW, that was way more than I would think it would be. I may be ignorant, but isn't that really high? How much are 722s if you outright purchase them?

Sounds high, but considering it could be the ultimate HTPC its not that bad.

Of course if you get it from Dish on a 2 year commitment will also be an option besides buying one.

I just got off a internet chat with a E* CSR, and had some random questions. I ended by asking if they knew how much the 922 would be to lease yet. The CSR told me there was no lease price yet, but the full purchase price is estimated to be about $1000!

WOW, that was way more than I would think it would be. I may be ignorant, but isn't that really high? How much are 722s if you outright purchase them?

We got the price already - check the post and whole thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/1734896-post5.html

Ebay might get some that are a little cheaper but anything that just comes out is going to be very expensive. Today's $1000 receiver is tomorrow's $300 receiver. Eventually this receiver could become standard on every install once their cost drops.

A car quoted me $459 for the722k, and the 922 is probably double the machine that the 722k is so that sounds about right to me. I'll be using my dish'n it up for the 922, well hopefully they will let I should say. I just wish it was out. I predict a "christmas in July" special for dish this summer! :D

"EchoStar, a sister company of Dish that bought Slingbox creator Sling Media in 2007, is willing to sell the integrated DVR technology to competitors, Ergen said."
Wow!!! That maybe the only hope for D* to have a working DVR. :rolleyes::D

I'll stick with my 722k at that price of $900.00. I paid that much for a 921 dvr years ago. I will never pay that much again for a hd receiver.

At $199 I WILL SIGN-UP. Question will the 922 be available for current customers or will the supply be short?? If in short supply I can see this being made available to newcomers.

Humor mode on:

The 922 will only be available to new customers at first.

Then it will be available to all customers.

However, if new programming is added, it will not be eligible; unless, there is enough demand for the 922, then new programming might be added to the 922 after 6 weeks or so.

Humor mode off.

:rolleyes:

(TurboHD reference for those that missed it.)

I don't need a humor mode for this.

- Available only as a free upgrade to new customers who won't have a clue how to use it.
- After 3-6 months, available for purchase at $1000 to existing customers.
- Only after enough existing customers have shelled out $1000, available as $299 DIU upgrade.

That was probably the worst CE purchase I've ever made. Talk about headaches. And then when they slashed the price I was really mad. Definitely learned not to be an early adopter after that episode.

Yep, you are not alone.:eek: I bought mine after they "slashed" the price--$549.00. :rolleyes: It does make a terrific door stop though, if anyone is interested I'll make ya a great deal!;)

Ed

I don't need a humor mode for this.

- Available only as a free upgrade to new customers who won't have a clue how to use it.
- After 3-6 months, available for purchase at $1000 to existing customers.
- Only after enough existing customers have shelled out $1000, available as $299 DIU upgrade.

I was thinking of leaving Dish since the Fisher Communication dispute has dragged on. Maybe I will leave for a while and then sign up as a new subscriber later this summer and get me a free 922.

I might get one once the prices drops below the $100 price point on a lease dish'n it up program just like the 722 has dropped to that price. By that time something else will be out. This will also give them time to work out all the bugs and I can enjoy the 722 I am happy with in the meantime.

The 922 might be $50 to $100 more than a 722K to keep people from buying them all up when they really need a 722K, but I can't see the receiver being $1000.

The days of the $1000 922 receivers are over!

I just can't believe 5 years later that I actually had people lined up at my door ready to spend $1000 on that receiver!

The 922 might be $50 to $100 more than a 722K to keep people from buying them all up when they really need a 722K, but I can't see the receiver being $1000.

The days of the $1000 922 receivers are over!

I just can't believe 5 years later that I actually had people lined up at my door ready to spend $1000 on that receiver!

Sounds like you could make some great profit Claude if you let them pay that extra money.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts