Dish customer needs some help, please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
my niece is moving & wants to have Direct Tv installed. She will have 2 TV's. Does Direct have a similar wireless setup like the hopper/joey from Dish?
She will also be using Direct for her internet. Can all of this be setup to be wireless?

They do have wireless clients for the Genie. She should be able to have wireless internet, too. Anyone with this setup?

my niece is moving & wants to have Direct Tv installed. She will have 2 TV's. Does Direct have a similar wireless setup like the hopper/joey from Dish?
She will also be using Direct for her internet. Can all of this be setup to be wireless?
Do you mean like Satellite Internet(Exede or HughesNet Gen 4)? If she gets a Genie & a wireless client,the Genie & the wireless bridge that gets the signal to the wireless client would have be connected to coaxial cable. She could get the wireless Cinema Connection Kit to run internet signal over the coaxial cable. It connects wirelessly to her wireless router,but has to be connected to the coaxial cable to run internet connection to the Genie(can the HR44 connect to the internet wirelessly? Anyone?). The only that is truly wireless as far as coaxial cable goes is the wireless client.

Do you mean like Satellite Internet(Exede or HughesNet Gen 4)? If she gets a Genie & a wireless client,the Genie & the wireless bridge that gets the signal to the wireless client would have be connected to coaxial cable. She could get the wireless Cinema Connection Kit to run internet signal over the coaxial cable. It connects wirelessly to her wireless router,but has to be connected to the coaxial cable to run internet connection to the Genie(can the HR44 connect to the internet wirelessly? Anyone?). The only that is truly wireless as far as coaxial cable goes is the wireless client.

have no idea about the internet

I knew that there had to be a coax to the genie, but was really asking abouth the wireless client

Dtv partners with other companies to provide internet... make sure she finds out the options on that, in the area I cover they partner with 4 different internet providers. sometimes its almost better to contact interent first . they seem to do a better job setting things up sometimes vs visa versa..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)