Dish Customer Service Stinks....Anyone here help with remote?

Kurto2021

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I talked to a lady for over 45 minutes on the phone trying to sort this out and she kept giving me the run around....putting me on hold for 5 to 10 minutes. I finally asked if I could speak with someone more familiar and she refused to xfer me. She told me if I wanted to talk to someone else I could hang up and call again. Anyway...now to my problem.

I have a 622 receiver that came with the 2 remotes (a 5.3 and a 6.3). I was given a remote 6.0 by the installer when this was installed and told I could set it up to use to UHF remotes as well. Google left me with the idea that on a 622 TV 2 can be controlled with a 6.0 while TV 1 can be controlled with the 6.0. This way I can put the receiver behind the wall and just use the two UHF receivers.

How do I set this up?

sz

I feel like I know what I am doing but it won't work

I can get TV 1 to work with the 6.3 I get the 6.0 one out with the #2 chip in the 6.0 remote and press and Hold the Sat button then hit a number other than the number that is used for remote 1 and press # then record remote #1 changes to IR and goes to whatever number I selected before pressing #.

I have 2 purple keys one is purple with a black #2 and the UHF logo next to it. The other is the same but with a purple 2.

Not near my set, but did you look in the menu and see if you can set what frequency the remote is set too? I recall the tech setting the freqs for both remotes in a set up screen.

Dual UHF Pro How To
Does the installation require two UHF Pro remotes?
Yes
222/322/522/625

Using the original Green Indicator Tab remote control at TV1, Press the MENU button on the remote control in SAT mode.

Select System Setup, Installation, TV1 UHF Pro Setup.

Using the Green Indicator Tab remote left arrow button to highlight and select Enable.

Using the Green Indicator Tab remote right arrow button to highlight and select System Info.

Using the Green Indicator Tab remote, arrow up to highlight the Primary Remote Address.

Address the additional Blue Indicator Tab UHF Pro remote so that it is different then the Secondary Remote Address currently set for TV2.

Press the red Record button on the additional Blue Indicator Tab UHF Pro remote. The Primary Remote Address for TV1 should change and include the words "IR and UHF Pro".
Note: If the Primary and Secondary remote addresses are the same when doing this procedure, Error 590 will appear and you will not be able to continue the process.

After completion, select Done to exit the System Info screen.

Confirm customer is using 6.3 Replacement remote. Explain

The 622 can only be used in Dual UHF Pro mode with a 6.3 Replacement Remote. The model number on the back of the remote should say "6.3 IR/UHF PRO" with part number 143040. The SAT mode button has a black ring around it.

Using the original Green Indicator Tab IR remote control at TV1, Press the MENU button on the remote control in SAT mode.

Select System Setup, Installation, System Info.
Put the Green UHF Pro Indicator Tab with the black number "1" in the 6.3 Replacement Remote.

Press record.

The Primary Remote address field should now say UHF Pro Band A.

After completion, select Done to exit the System Info screen.

The 622 can only be used in Dual UHF Pro mode with a 6.3 Replacement Remote. The model number on the back of the remote should say "6.3 IR/UHF PRO" with part number 143040. The SAT mode button has a black ring around it.

I have seen many posts to the contrary. The posts that I have seen say it can be done but that remote #2 has to be the 6.0 and that it has to be set to band A.

I talked to a lady for over 45 minutes on the phone trying to sort this out and she kept giving me the run around....putting me on hold for 5 to 10 minutes. I finally asked if I could speak with someone more familiar and she refused to xfer me. She told me if I wanted to talk to someone else I could hang up and call again. Anyway...now to my problem.

I have a 622 receiver that came with the 2 remotes (a 5.3 and a 6.3). I was given a remote 6.0 by the installer when this was installed and told I could set it up to use to UHF remotes as well. Google left me with the idea that on a 622 TV 2 can be controlled with a 6.0 while TV 1 can be controlled with the 6.0. This way I can put the receiver behind the wall and just use the two UHF receivers.

How do I set this up?

One agent is not reflective of all customer service. There are people here though who know the answers to your questions though. Enjoy.

If you cant get help from dish customer service I would contact the install office that put your system in and talk with them about it, its not to hard to do and I can do it but I need to see the system infront of me as its been over a year since I did it last. One question though, is the receiver behind the wall now or are you going to remove cables to do this? If your going to remove cables to do this then be sure to label the cables to what ports they connect to on the receiver, also if there is a self powered switch ( DPP-44 ) then you should also be sure to unplugg the power supply for the switch before doing this as any self powered switch is easy to short out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)