DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I see. I do not sub to AAD.

But, does Dish provide more bandwidth for AAD channels? Are they processed differently than other Dish SD channels? If not, then one would logically presume they have the same PQ as other Dish SD channels.

I thought U had ADD and couldnt watch TV for more than 2 minutes but now I get it

Mad Men is probably too sophisticated for some viewers. For example, how many noticed Don Draper playing Joan like a fiddle, using reverse psychology, then Joan realizing it only after her wenching with the uncouth Jag rep Herb Rennet was done?

that is the same argument for supossibly.............

of course the way things are going these days, it's only a matter of time. LOL & OMG have made it to the dictionary :(
The only argument that can be made over that is a failure in learning English.

A language is constantly changing. It is the only way it will survive. Just really do not like the direction ours is headed.
Supposibly is NOT a changing of language. It's the result of people who are not smart/educated enough to know they should be saying/using supposedly!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
... it's going to be a long 30 days if we're already discussing spelling and grammar.

How very true! I just wanted to add that if a word ain't in the Oxford English Dictionary then it ain't a word irregardless of the supposibility of dem dare being added to other inferiostically lesser dicshunaries. ;)

Examples that make me cringe:

- Is dat dem dare? Chicago/Detroit/Windsor speak meaning, "Is that them [over] there?" As a child who grew up in this area, I prayed for nuclear holocaust each and every time I heard this phrase uttered.

- Gimme fah woofa regla! Southern speak in which the driver is asking the attendant, "May I have five [dollars] worth of regular [gasoline]. Yes, my first foray into a southern Georgia "Fillin Station" was enough to make me wish the communists would invite the southern U.S. and wipeout everyone in the bible belt...similar to the movie Red Dawn.

- I could go on and on and on and on... :(

You know, I think I may register idiotsdictionary.com as an online resource for people to concoct and post their made up words (e.g., fabricate 'em and post 'em): ain't, dare, dat, dem, dicshunaries, fah, gimme, inferiostically, irregardless, regla, woofa. If you can't beat 'em (literally) you may as well be assmutilated by 'em. :rolleyes:

Anyway, just a tongue-in-cheek look at how we [mis]use words - so don't it too seriously. :)

Back on topic...it should be interesting to see how the Dish Network vs. AMC Networks clash unfolds now that we're moving into June.

I have Sundance Channel on DirecTV and never watch it. But Dish's decision to drop AMC channels and say that they have "low viewership" is very misleading to its customers. "Walking Dead" is cable tv's highest rated show and the AMC networks profit rose 45% this quarter according to today's news. "Walking Dead" is so popular, even among other celebs, they have a show called "Talking Dead" a live show that discusses the episode that just aired which has many celebrity guests. With season 3 coming up and being one of the most anticipated series returns for fall 2012, I think many Dish customers will be jumping ship when Dish goes through with its threats to remove the channel.

Supposibly is NOT a changing of language. It's the result of people who are not smart/educated enough to know they should be saying/using supposedly!:rolleyes:
As is "irregardless" as it relates to "regardless".

The same goes for "should of", "could of", and "would of". Man, that drives me crazy. It's not a simple spelling error. Or, the accidental use of the incorrect word form, as in your/you're. It is a case of deliberately using erroneous or non-existent words and/or phrases.

How very true! I just wanted to add that if a word ain't in the Oxford English Dictionary then it ain't a word irregardless of the supposibility of dem dare being added to other inferiostically lesser dicshunaries. ;)
What a uniquified post. It's almost uniquitous.

Frankly, since they screwed up their formerly commercial-free classic movies format, I have cared less and less for American Movie Classics (to me, the acronym AMC reminds me of American Motors Corporation).:popcorn

"Walking Dead" is cable tv's highest rated show and the AMC networks profit rose 45% this quarter according to today's news.

Just like Walking Dead, this conversation is in reruns. As mentioned in the first couple of pages in this humongo-thread, AMC is the #16 or 17 network using the highest possible demo during the time that Walking Dead was in first run. Meaning that people tune in to watch Walking Dead, then don't watch another damned thing on the channel! :) Charlie says for the kind of money AMC is wanting to charge, people can watch shows like Walking Dead and Mad Men on Hulu. Charlie says the channel isn't worth the money otherwise.

The numbers are in my earlier posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts