DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

not a troll, i was with dish for several years, got tired of the bs of dropping channels
They recently dropped the AMC channels. They have an issue with Disney, but Disney wants twice the pay for the same material in SD and HD (no channels were/are dropped). They dropped The Weather Channel for a day. They dropped FX for a short period of time. Any other major national channel drops in the past six years? It seems like Dish is getting a tad bit roughed over about dropping channels.

I'm with you Gary, I go over into the Directv forum from time to time, and am not a Sat Guys employee.
I manage the E* and D* accounts at work, as well as our E* account at home. So, I am familiar with both, as well.

We have also had Cablevision, Comcast, and U-verse at home, at various times. They all have positives and negatives. Currently, Dish suits our needs the best. But, who knows? It may change at some point in the future. Or not. It's just a purchase, not a member of the family.

They recently dropped the AMC channels. They have an issue with Disney, but Disney wants twice the pay for the same material in SD and HD (no channels were/are dropped). They dropped The Weather Channel for a day. They dropped FX for a short period of time. Any other major national channel drops in the past six years? It seems like Dish is getting a tad bit roughed over about dropping channels.

any loss of hd is a bad thing
and it doesnt have to be national channels
talk to the ny sports guys or the ones that just lost thier locals

its a habit with dish

sure they may get the channel back eventually, but not know when/if you may lose a channel you watch is just frustrating

and yes it happens to directv/comcast/others but not as often as with dish

when i keep seeing my bill go up and channel count go down, i start to question things

Anyone get the postcard in the mail today? It's basically the same content that was in the email the day AMC was dropped.

gpollock87 said:
yes i got it. really no reason to call it now though since i got the roku coming and the credits.

With you there buddy. No need to cause trouble and increase wait times for those just now trying to call.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

mdram said:
any loss of hd is a bad thing
and it doesnt have to be national channels
talk to the ny sports guys or the ones that just lost thier locals

its a habit with dish
actually, I just demonstrated that it wasn't. Locals have been an issue with all the cable and sat companies so that can't be held against Dish.

So FX for a bit then TWC for an even shorter time and now AMC with a trio of what may have been good but are now fallen channels. That is it for dropped national channels.

Well I called the number and was told they have an alternative for me for not being able to watch some of my favorite shows on AMC....I could go to Amazon or iTunes and purchase the shows. I said well....wouldn't that mean I have to pay for them now? "Yes sir." Well now, I didn't have to pay for them before, but now I have to pay, so that's not really your solution, it's Amazon's solution. She said they could reimburse me for purchasing the shows. I ask, how does that work? I can give you a credit up to $5/month for 6 months. OK but now I have to watch these shows on my 12" laptop screen and before I could watch them on one of my 42" HD TV's. She said that was all she could offer. I mentioned the Roku, she said oh yes, we have a Roku let me check on that. You can connect that to your TV if you have internet. She places me on hold and she comes back on and says they are not giving Rokus to people. I mention that they certainly are, and I am a long time client (since the early 90's when I had a BFD and an Echostar receiver) blah blah blah. Still no. I could select one free month of premiums, or $30. I am disappointed because I could use a Roku to get my TV online and not have to watch Mad Men on a 12" screen, it was not designed for that.

mpcook said:
Well I called the number and was told they have an alternative for me for not being able to watch some of my favorite shows on AMC....I could go to Amazon or iTunes and purchase the shows. I said well....wouldn't that mean I have to pay for them now? "Yes sir." Well now, I didn't have to pay for them before, but now I have to pay, so that's not really your solution, it's Amazon's solution. She said they could reimburse me for purchasing the shows. I ask, how does that work? I can give you a credit up to $5/month. OK but now I have to watch these shows on my 12" laptop screen and before I could watch them on one of my 42" HD TV's. She said that was all she could offer. I mentioned the Roku, she said oh yes, we have a Roku let me check on that. You can conect that if you have internet to your TV. She comes back on and says they are not giving Rokus to people. I mention that they certainly are, I am a long time client (since the early 90's when I had a BFD and an Echostar receiver) blah blah blah. Still no. I could select one free month of premiums, or $30. I am disappointed because I could use a Roku to get my TV online and not have to watch Mad Men on a 12" screen, it was not designed for that.

Did you get forwarded to retention? The first level customer service doesn't know what they're doing. I'd keep calling.

Just got this in the mail.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120705_195920.png
    ForumRunner_20120705_195920.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 319
  • ForumRunner_20120705_195953.png
    ForumRunner_20120705_195953.png
    201.5 KB · Views: 304
DISH pulled AMC networks do i have any rights is this a contract breech??

i switched from Comcast to DISH earlier this year to expand my HD channels. of course my wife loves those networks. do i have any rights?

Thanks
Cnaimo

Residential Service Agreement: http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/Residential-Agreement.pdf

Section 1 paragraph I
I. Changes in Services Offered. We may add, delete, rearrange and/or change any and all programming,
programming packages and other Services that we offer, as well as the prices and fees related to such programming,
programming packages and Services, at any time, including without limitation, during any term commitment period to
which you have agreed. If a change affects you, we will notify you of such change and its effective date. In the event
that we delete, rearrange or change any programming, programming packages or other Services, we have no obligation
to replace or supplement such programming, programming packages or other Services. You are not entitled to any
refund because of a deletion, rearrangement or change of any programming, programming packages or other Services.

Haha, Dish reserves the right to remove all programming, and still charge a monthly rate? Yes, I'm playing the devil's advocate.

i switched from Comcast to DISH earlier this year to expand my HD channels. of course my wife loves those networks. do i have any rights?

Thanks
Cnaimo

As you can see your limited with your options, many subs have called to "discuss" this and have recieved some type of credit on there bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts