DISH DVR 922 RELEASE DATE????

That's nice but with you need 4 DVR's for 4 TV's. That become expensive but still better then Dish where it's impossible. I had to pay a hefty price for a second Vip622 and I can't imagine you have to pay 3 extra's. However, U-Verse is better now. You can record 4 HD channels while watching live. With U-Verse, you only need 1 DVR. The additional TV's only use a small setup box to access the DVR. U-Verse doesn't need tuners so it's cheaper to make. When bundle with DSL, it even get cheaper for you. The only draw back is U-Verse is not available for everyone, including me. That's why I'm stuck with Dish for now.

Where can you record/watch 5 HD streams with UVerse? I had it about a month ago in the ATL area and you could only have 2 HD streams (currently being recorded or live) and 2 SD streams going at once? I don't think your description is accrurate. However, with my Dish 722k I can record/watch 4 HD streams (2 OTA and 2 Satellite) at the same time on a single DVR.

Is there any new information on the release date for the 922? Scott had posted that he had heard Feb 1st 2010. Is this still a realistic date?

Thanks,

K folks. Very close to info available from internal dish talks. April 1st, 2010 is when we *should* get the 922 Available. Despite several setbacks, echostar has been quiet about release dates since they have failed to bring it to us in 2009, but they should have all the bugs fixed in it now to bring it to an acceptable level. cheers.

K folks. Very close to info available from internal dish talks. April 1st, 2010 is when we *should* get the 922 Available. Despite several setbacks, echostar has been quiet about release dates since they have failed to bring it to us in 2009, but they should have all the bugs fixed in it now to bring it to an acceptable level. cheers.

It would be nice if there were a pre-order announcement from somewhere (DishStore?) so that we can get on a list to get one of these. I've been waiting to replace a dead 722 for months.

april 1st huh? i remember a charlie chat in the past when we were supposed to get new hd channels once by april 1st last year.

i cant believe ya'll will fall for another one of ol'chucks april fools day prank. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

It would be nice if there were a pre-order announcement from somewhere (DishStore?) so that we can get on a list to get one of these. I've been waiting to replace a dead 722 for months.

If the 922 does indeed come out on April 1, is there any information about existing customers being able to obtain one? The 922 is one of the primary reasons (along with more national HD) that I changed back to E* from D*. If not maybe I can get one from the Dish Store, since my birthday is in April, I suppose (if it does come out) I can get it for my birthday present.

Indeed I did consider the April Fools Joke idea long before I posted that. However the attached scan right here may give curious people what they really wanted to see.

Sorry for the folks out there on a slower internet connection. (1.5 MB PDF attached)

Attachments

• dns_download_01.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 261
Indeed I did consider the April Fools Joke idea long before I posted that. However the attached scan right here may give curious people what they really wanted to see.

Sorry for the folks out there on a slower internet connection. (1.5 MB PDF attached)

Humm this does add some interest to the possible release of the 922, while thats only a few weeks away and it sounded like some more tweeks needed to be done?

Scott, whats your take on this??

I believe it, in fact I was told the April 1st release date a few weeks ago but was asked not to post it. (And I jokingly told them to wait until April 2nd to release it to avoid the April fools jokes.) :)

It is almost ready. This last software release is amazing. :)

Nope as its not one of the receivers the case was based on.

The older DVR's were software based. The new DVR's use broadcom hardware and do not violate the patent.

And if they do try it will take them years, just as this lawsuit has as they will need to start from scratch.

I don't see that happening.

I believe it, in fact I was told the April 1st release date a few weeks ago but was asked not to post it. (And I jokingly told them to wait until April 2nd to release it to avoid the April fools jokes.) :)

It is almost ready. This last software release is amazing. :)

This post makes me VERY excited Scott. The fact that you have such high standards, and that you now think it is amazing makes me really consider upgrading to one.

So when does Claude start the pre-orders :D:D:D:D
He's not going to.

To many people on the pre order list, then when the product comes in they dont answer their email confiming they want shipment, while those down lower on the list who want them go elsewhere as the first folks opn the list are taking forever to answer.

So just first come first served. :)

This post makes me VERY excited Scott. The fact that you have such high standards, and that you now think it is amazing makes me really consider upgrading to one.

It's gotten a lot better and as soon as the EHD is working it will be my main receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts