DISH DVR 922 RELEASE DATE????

I'm far less excited about this box once I heard about the big fee premium they want for this box. What is it, $10 extra, even if it is your primary box?

I have a VIP722 with an external hard drive that I have a lot of programming on. Will this hard drive be usable on the VIP922 maintaining all of the recordings on it?

I have a VIP722 with an external hard drive that I have a lot of programming on. Will this hard drive be usable on the VIP922 maintaining all of the recordings on it?

I'm in the same boat as you and I don't see why not. The EHD fee covers all DVRs on the account so once it's added it should work.

I'm in the same boat as you and I don't see why not. The EHD fee covers all DVRs on the account so once it's added it should work.

let us not forget the fee per account dosesnt include the 211s.

The 922 has pricey fees, so perhaps for another $$$$ it can include 722 compatiblity?

Its really too soon to tell...........

I'm far less excited about this box once I heard about the big fee premium they want for this box. What is it, $10 extra, even if it is your primary box?

While we will have to wait to see exactly what the fee will be, it was my understanding that the whole house DVR fee would be $10 instead of $6 if you had a 922, which would only be $4 additional. I may have misunderstood the rumors though.

While we will have to wait to see exactly what the fee will be, it was my understanding that the whole house DVR fee would be $10 instead of $6 if you had a 922, which would only be $4 additional. I may have misunderstood the rumors though.

That is what I thought from a fee listing that I seen around here as well. If the 922 is your primary there is no extra fee, only the extra $4.00 for the whole home DVR fee. I believe that if you have more than one 922 then the lease fee is higher than a 622 or 722 model.

That is what I thought from a fee listing that I seen around here as well. If the 922 is your primary there is no extra fee, only the extra $4.00 for the whole home DVR fee. I believe that if you have more than one 922 then the lease fee is higher than a 622 or 722 model.

I think I read somewhere here that the 922 is going to have its own "fee" primary or not, it would be good to get a over view of the features, for some if your just into the slingbox you may want to wait untill the slingbox adapter comes out??

From what I have seen the monthly DVR fee will go to $10 a month if you have a 922 on your account.

I have a 922 on my account and so far am paying $6 for the DVR fee not $10.

BTW if you want a laught please read this one from the other site...

Vip922 DuoDVR availability - DBSTalk.Com

Just goes to show why we are America's Satellite Information Source. :)

From what I have seen the monthly DVR fee will go to $10 a month if you have a 922 on your account.

I have a 922 on my account and so far am paying $6 for the DVR fee not $10.

BTW if you want a laught please read this one from the other site...

Vip922 DuoDVR availability - DBSTalk.Com

Just goes to show why we are America's Satellite Information Source. :)

I was wondering where "P Smith" was at.

I haven't been to that site in over two years. Before I joined this site I frequented both, but obviously I only visit the best satellite site now.

Any former 722 owner who did the 922 beta can you comment on my question?:

Any former 722 owner who did the 922 beta can you comment on my question?:

Can't say for sure since the EHD feature hasn't been enabled on the 922 yet. That being said I don't see why it won't be. I also have a 722 with an EHD attached and will be keeping the 922. Scott may have his on his home account and should know the details before me. The 922 I'm using belongs to a dealer and he's letting me test it on his account. He's going to let me keep it, but I can't move it to my account until it's made available to the public.

Hey this is perfect timing! I should be moving to a new house in April, and had been hoping to get a 922 as part of the move. However it'll probably come down to two choices:
1. set up a new account at the new address and get a 922 (I've been out of contract for ages and my wife could set up a new account under her name)
2. keep my existing account with grandfathered HD Absolute package (which I was able to take with me on my last move)... but probably have to wait on getting a 922 (Dish is usually tough on letting existing subs get new equipment)

CDH.

Last edited:
I am out of contract myself checked today and I am month to month. I wonder if I can get a 922 if I sign a 2 year agreement as in a dish moven up deal?

I am out of contract myself checked today and I am month to month. I wonder if I can get a 922 if I sign a 2 year agreement as in a dish moven up deal?

I'll be trying for the same thing, though for various reasons I probably won't be trying until mid-June.

My guess is there will be a one-time "lease fee", and it could be hefty - $200? (I have no basis for estimating this other than that I seem to remember that has been the going rate for upgrades to certain other units when they came out.)

CDH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts