Dish Elevation Micro Adjuster

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satcom1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Near Chicago
This is a 1/4" eye bolt threaded thru the motor tube to give you micro adjustment of elevation without the weight of the dish.

Attachments

• DishAdjuster.JPG
    DishAdjuster.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 277
Iceberg,
If I new then what I know now.....I would have purchased the big geosatpro dish. Their bracket at least has threaded adjustment for elevation.

two points

We've had a couple of designs like that, before.

However you get extra points for the Eye Bolt - nice handle to twist!
And, the Wing Nut for a locking device, is inspired!
Excellent choice of hardware! - :up

For anyone reading this thread later, there was a post last year where we figured out how many degrees the fine-tuning bolt gave you per turn.
Or, maybe it was how many turns per degree...
All based on how close the tuning bolt was to the pivot point, and what the thread pitch was.

And yes, the 1.2m GeoSat dish seems to have a nice fine tuning adjuster built in.
But for all the rest of us, something like this makes life a lot easier. - :cool:

Very good implementation. I like it.

This is necessary for a mount like that on a Fortec FC90P.

For a FC90P, the pivot point is in the middle, not at the top. The distance between the two adjustment bolts is probably one half that of an FC90U.

With the clearance between the bolts and the holes in the LNB arm, you can have the bolts snug but not tight and the dish elevation can move a lot. So for me, trying to do a careful adjustment is an exercise in aggravation. :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)