Dish Elevation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also, make sure you push the LNB all the way on the bracket towards the dish. It worked for me.

Here are some pics of my setup.

Attachments

• SATDISH 004.JPG
    SATDISH 004.JPG
    509.4 KB · Views: 155
  • SATDISH 005.JPG
    SATDISH 005.JPG
    527.5 KB · Views: 150
  • SATDISH 006.JPG
    SATDISH 006.JPG
    455.5 KB · Views: 131
  • SATDISH 007.JPG
    SATDISH 007.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 151
  • SATDISH 008.JPG
    SATDISH 008.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
... this hard to locate a satellite.
Yes, the first time it seems impossible.
I can't tell in your Pic of the TV, but you should have the LNB Freq set to : 10750

If you have a compass, get a wooden broom handle, or anything straight non-metal, and align that on the ground to the Magnetic Azimuth.

Well,I gave up..3 hours and NOT one simple quality signal tells me that I have either a bad LNB or the 20-30 TP's I entered are no good.
I sat in a chair and moved that dish EVERY degree up,down,side to side..no signal either.
Ill try some other time.
I also put the LNB in the bracket towards the reflector and nothing.

LAK,under the Galaxy 19 list it DOES have a transponder of 12151 H 2000,do I enter that total number in the transponder box on the reciever or just the 12151?
Oh another thing I think I had wrong,I had the DISEQC set to port 1,im not using a switch,I only have one LNB so I will switch it to off.
Lot of learning but I think when I get the initial setup I will be off and running!

Make sure you have the SR entered correctly as well of the frequency. VERY IMPORTANT. It won't show you signal quality if not. In this post, you didn't have the SR for that transponder listed correctly. In that pic, it looks like the dish is aimed too low. Is the pole the motor is mounted to level on all sides?

Are you guys getting any stations today,maybe the satellites are down?
Are you getting watchable channels on Galaxy 19 and if so whats the TP,SR?

Are you guys getting any stations today,maybe the satellites are down?
The TPs from "The List" link are hot 24/7.

Have you tried Dishpointer.com?
Enter your address, select your Motor from the Satellite list, and Click "Go"
It may help

Looking again at your Pics, the Dish seems to be looking a little low.
When raising the Dish, the Elevation numbers should increase.

Well,after 5 hours of getting NOTHING,I came to the conclusion that I don't have the patients or desire to fiddle with this.
I have shortwave radios,Ham radios,TV's,stereo's and NONE of which take 5 hours to get ANY kind of signal.
I tried EVERY elevation,on the scale and then some of Galaxy 19,I tried EVERY Asimuth 20degrees either side of Galaxy 19, I tried to highten the dish,I tried over 40 TP frequencys(from the list) and all that were recommeneded and NO Quality signal, thats just not right!:rant:
There was another person on here with the same receiver I have and he had over 10 pages of comments and I don't think he ever got a quality signal and then there are some that did,it might be bad recievers.
Well...73 for now:rolleyes:

When you move the dish up and down, side to side, do it SLOWLY, and give it time to catch a signal after each move. It is NOT like analog antennas, or SW radio...

Well,after 5 hours of getting NOTHING,I came to the conclusion that I don't have the patients or desire to fiddle with this.
I have shortwave radios,Ham radios,TV's,stereo's and NONE of which take 5 hours to get ANY kind of signal.
I tried EVERY elevation,on the scale and then some of Galaxy 19,I tried EVERY Asimuth 20degrees either side of Galaxy 19, I tried to highten the dish,I tried over 40 TP frequencys(from the list) and all that were recommeneded and NO Quality signal, thats just not right!:rant:
There was another person on here with the same receiver I have and he had over 10 pages of comments and I don't think he ever got a quality signal and then there are some that did,it might be bad recievers.
Well...73 for now:rolleyes:

Hi kspilot and the group, you can't give up now - just take a break and order one of those cheap satellite finders. After it comes in loosen up the dish elevation and sweep the due south satellite. The meter will not have any lag so you can move the dish quickly and find a satellite. The finder will work even if the receiver is on the wrong TP.

The dish elevation angle looks very low to me but I'm from central Florida.

I hope you can figure it out, DC

Im trying to figure if im pointing my dish in a proper way for elevation.
I have a SG9120 motor and a WS 90cm dish bolted to my mount pole,in the manual it has a chart that says with my longitude(37.8) I should have an elevation angle of 53 and a declination angle of 5.897,it also states that I should use 40 degrees for the motor arm bend,with that said what should the scale on the DISH be set at or angle towards the sky?
Also im trying to hit the 97W Galaxy 19 satellite and on dishpointer.com it says elevation of dish should be 46.2 degrees.
So with all that said what angle should I set the dish at?
As of right now my setup is pointing at 34 on the dish scale and I have the motor mount set at my Longitude of 37.

UP AND RUNNING!

If it wasn't for LAK7 and Delta_Charlie I would not be writing this today!
They observed that my dish was pointed low but the scale on the dish said it was right,well I tought about it last night and googled some setups of other peoples WS 90cm dishes and I noticed my bracket on the dish was upsidedown again!
I had it wrong the first time where I couldn't see the elevation markers,turned 1 bracket around where I could see them but that wasn't right either because I couldn't get enough elevation out of it,I went out with my homemade inclinometer and the dish was sitting at 24 degrees NOWAY would I get a signal from thats,after I took the dish off turned the brackets where they are suppose to be installed it back mount and took my inclinometer and measured along the bottom of the LNB support I set it to 34 degrees elevation,went back in the house not expecting to see any signal and to my surprise,I had 90 Quality and 98 on the signal but I was on AMC4 NOT Galaxy 19 like I thought I set the asimuth to yesterday but there was a program on and checked to be sure I was on AMC4 from lyngsat,AMC4 was 101w and needed 97w,went back outside and turned the the dish to the east a little came back in the house and had Galaxy 19 at 45 on the quality,I bumped the motor to the east a little more and got 98 on the signal and 88-94 on the Quality!
I now have another problem with the reciever,I only get one channel and if I try to change channels I get a message that reads"update SW" well I updated the software 3 times and today was the latest and still get the message,anyway this too will get figured out I hope!
Again,Thanks to ALL for the help!

Sonicveiw 360 Premier
SG9120 MOTOR
WS 90cm dish

I now have another problem with the reciever,I only get one channel and if I try to change channels I get a message that reads"update SW" well I updated the software 3 times and today was the latest and still get the message,anyway this too will get figured out I hope!
Again,Thanks to ALL for the help!

Congratulations!

About the only one channel, did you do a blind scan yet? Galaxy 97 has hundreds of channels on it! It will say "Update" only on channels that are encrypted, which you won't be able to watch. Under menu--dish settings, find "Blind Scan" (blue button?) and let them come in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts