Dish Expands High Definition Package

Ok just went out side and put up a temporary 61.5 dish until I can get my buddy to go up on my roof and use the dish which is up there for 61.5 (It needs to be converted to Dishpro)

Took me a total of 7 minutes to get the dish assembled , screwed in and on the 61.5 satellite. a new record for myself I think. ;)

Got in the house and did a Check switch on my boxes. and boom 61.5 was there with a solid 125 signal on my 942. :D

Called Dish and was connected to someone and I asked for the Voom package, was told I needed to call customer service for it as I was already a Dish customer. I told the girl I did call customer service, she was like umm yeah you did hold please. I was then transfered to someone else who barely spoke english.

She tried telling me I could not get the VOOM channels because I need a Dish at 61.5. I told her I had a dish at 61.5 and that the VOOM channels are listed in my guide as red.

She told me she was not sure if I had a 61.5 dish or not. (Duh didn't I just tell you I have one and I see the channels in the guide) ANyways after explpaining to this person for 10 minutes I have a 61.5 dish she turned the channels on for me.

There is NO REASON why I should need to jump through hoops to spend more money.

Anyways the channels are on, and I am not sure if its my eyes or what but the VOOM channels on Dish look BETTER on dish then they did on VOOM!I do hope they add Auction HD and WOldsports HD soon, I miss those already.

BTW I forgot to mention the arguement I had with the CSR as she said I would need new yellow cards for my 811 and 921 to get the VOOM channels.

Number 1, the 811 Smartcard is built in and is a Yellow card. And the 921 only shipped with Yellow cards.

Dish is making giving them more money such a hassle.

I had the same hassle with the CSR I got. He argued fror like 5 minutes that I was not an HD subscriber. He even read my monthly bill and couldnot see the info that I had HD since day 1.

E* needs to do a better job training their people.

They also need to add the sport channelt o the mix.

Anyone also notice Dish's SSL certficate for the Customer Account site expired? How ironic...

[CODE]do you think there is any chance of them bringing worldsports and auction, or is that going to be it?[/CODE]__________________

I`m sure E* will be offering the rest of the Voom package for lets say another $5.00 and then eventually ESPN2HD etc.,for another $5.00 and so on and so on......

$100 fee

:confused: Can someone that has successfully ordered today confirm that there is not a $100 fee to add Voom if you already have the second dish? I was trying to become a new dish customer today (from D*) and they want to charge me $100 even though I get a free second dish for some of our locals. Is this legit or a clueless CSR and supervisor? Should I order the install without Voom and order it after the dish is in place?

Thanks,

Steve

Placed order today

Ordered the Voom package this morning for install on Thursday. Does anyone know if I will need a new card for it to work with my 6000?

Hey srd1, I successfully ordered earlier today, and unfortunately, there is a $100 fee. The CSR basically said it was a deal because they would have to swap out my DPP34 with a DPP44 switch. I'm an ex-vvvoomer and I've got the voom dish at 61.5, but it's not connected because my superdish occupies all three of the DPP34's inputs. As I understand it, the installer will, at the very least, swap out the voom LNB with a DPP LNB, too.

Assuming your secondary locals are on 61.5, just order it and when it's in call up to add V*.

If your secondary locals are on 148, order it, and maybe a green Presidential portrait worth more than 61.5 quarters will make the dish magically swing 90 degrees east.

My voom order went pretty smoothly. I connected to the phone tree, got through to the queue which said I'd have a 2 minute wait, and was answered almost immediately. I told the dude what I wanted, he said I'd need a second dish, I said I had it, he said no problem, read the script of what the voom channels were, and added them. I was on and off the phone in about 5 minutes.

Responding to a different part of the thread, I'm thrilled to get these additional channels at $.50 a pop. They may not be as good as HDNet or Discovery, but I've been used to paying $10 for one (old Discovery) or $2 each (existing HD Pack). I'd pay another $5 if I got another 10 channels of HD content.

I would sign up for the upgrade for 61.5 just to get the DPP-44 switch. That would allow me to try out their HD service for the year and if they didnt come out with more HD channels or if I was not satisfied with the service for that year then I could give them the axe with the HD package.

sprintcarcrazy said:
You can buy an extra Dish for 20 bucks, my house is beginning to look like a dish farm.

I have 1 Dish 500 Quad feeding 2 811's and 2 311's, I have another Dish 500 Quad feeding a 510, 921 dual, and another 811. Now I just put up another quad 500 and pointed it at 61.5 today. Added 4 SW21's to feed 2 811's and a 921. I had got the extra 500 for 10 bucks, and the sw21's for 4 bucks. I had already got the extra Dish before all this went down to get CDS-HD, even though I get it OTA, I wanted to be able to record it on the 921 in HD, while record another OTA HD. This was enough to get my !SS in gear and get r done.

CRAZY HUH !!!!!!!!!!
As long as your not throwen hay bales to them dishs on your farm, all's good.
You got r done!

Jstanuthrdishguy said:
I'm sure you already know the answer to that one. Ain't nothing free. Especially if you want it. This is how it's done. Customers will pay. They ALWAYS DO. How many thought they'd never pay for a cell phone? The difference here is we're talking about a television standard that has been with us since its beginnings. People are slow to accept this one, but it is happening. So, repeat after me...PEOPLE WILL PAY, PEOPLE WILL PAY.

I NEVER pay for my cell phone. When I need a new one (about every two years), I buy the one that is on special for the week (the free one).

So are they going to charge everyone for the HD package when the FCC mandates that all channels be broadcast in HD? I highly doubt it. My guess is that this is a temporary charge.

fenwah said:
So are they going to charge everyone for the HD package when the FCC mandates that all channels be broadcast in HD? I highly doubt it. My guess is that this is a temporary charge.

AFAIK the FCC is not requiring HD. They are requiring digital broadcast, but the deadline keeps getting pushed back.

Extra charges for HD will be here for a good long while.

CDH.

I currently have 2nd Dish pointed to 148 (Live in the Dallas area) and will wait to see if they mirror to 148.

I just curious what channel number are the Voom showing up on

Kevin_Texas said:
I currently have 2nd Dish pointed to 148 (Live in the Dallas area) and will wait to see if they mirror to 148.

I just curious what channel number are the Voom showing up on
Swing your 148 dish over to 61.5, and they'll show up in the EPG. Do you really NEED KMPX from Decatur?

Call E* to activate, and you can watch them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)