Dish Expands High Definition Package

mdonnelly said:
Swing your 148 dish over to 61.5, and they'll show up in the EPG. Do you really NEED KMPX from Decatur?

Call E* to activate, and you can watch them.

The more I think about it the more I am leaning towards to swinging the 148 to 61.5 Thanks for the push mdonnelly :DA

So what is the easy way of doing it. I have never set the angel on the dish before. I do check the signal strength from time to time but I am not sure on how to the set the angle on the dish :confused:

And the D* trolls fall silent (for a few days at least)...........

Man, and I thought they were feeling pretty good about their satellite launch too...... They may still fight back hard when they start the Mpeg 4 conversions, but for now E* went from worst to first in 24 hours on the HD front.

$100 Charge for an ADDITIONAL DISH????

I just called 1 800 WOWHDTV and was told that ALL Dish Customers who would like these new VOOM Channels MUST purchase an additional dish for 61.5 for $100.00. The CSR told me that we give you the one dish with your install and ALL DISH CUSTOMERS, MUST purchase this 2nd dish for the channels!!! Also, you must have the HD Package, and an ADDITIONAL $5.00 per month will be added to that package. Anyone hear about this $100 for a 2nd Dish??? Please let me know,,,,,,,,,,,,,I want the channels but don't think I want to spend the $100.00 for 10 channels.................Thanks!

Astro said:
I just called 1 800 WOWHDTV and was told that ALL Dish Customers who would like these new VOOM Channels MUST purchase an additional dish for 61.5 for $100.00. The CSR told me that we give you the one dish with your install and ALL DISH CUSTOMERS, MUST purchase this 2nd dish for the channels!!! Also, you must have the HD Package, and an ADDITIONAL $5.00 per month will be added to that package. Anyone hear about this $100 for a 2nd Dish??? Please let me know,,,,,,,,,,,,,I want the channels but don't think I want to spend the $100.00 for 10 channels.................Thanks!
Welcome. :)
Obviously, you haven't been paying attention. YES, you need the 2nd dish. Can you put one up yourself for less than $100 bucks. Maybe. Don't fall off the ladder and break your leg saving $50 bucks.

Dish is making people that are previous subscribers pay more for things it seems. The deals keep getting worse and worse. No more free wing satellite upgrades. No more free Dish Movers (unless you have a Dish500 and qualify for the free upgrade) and no more free Dish upgrades. On top of that you have to have a credit card or you have to pay full price for Dish Movers and Dish upgrades. I am not sure about the wing satellite $100 upgrade promo though. Also you have to lease the reciever instead of owning it in the Dish'n It Up promotion. I think they are trying to cut back on overhead costs.

jbcheshire said:
There is another way he might be able to get the extra dish installed free. It involves locals not found on the 110/119 sats. There are several threads discussing this...

Yes if they are still running the promo you can get the locals dish installed for free if you qualify and dont mention the Voom channels.
After your installed you can add them to your package.

BobMurdoch said:
And the D* trolls fall silent (for a few days at least)...........

Man, and I thought they were feeling pretty good about their satellite launch too...... They may still fight back hard when they start the Mpeg 4 conversions, but for now E* went from worst to first in 24 hours on the HD front.

Well, I disagree. When E* can provide that to ALL of their costumers, than yes they're in the front. Currently, many of us do NOT have access to 61.5. :no

sprintcarcrazy said:
You can buy an extra Dish for 20 bucks, my house is beginning to look like a dish farm.

I have 1 Dish 500 Quad feeding 2 811's and 2 311's, I have another Dish 500 Quad feeding a 510, 921 dual, and another 811. Now I just put up another quad 500 and pointed it at 61.5 today.
CRAZY HUH !!!!!!!!!!

That's no biggie.. I have Superdish, Dish 500 at 61.5, DirecTV Oval, Canadian's ExpressVu (2 dishes, one at 91, one at 82)... ALL on my patio. It's quite amazing.

smooth28la said:
That's no biggie.. I have Superdish, Dish 500 at 61.5, DirecTV Oval, Canadian's ExpressVu (2 dishes, one at 91, one at 82)... ALL on my patio. It's quite amazing.

That should qualify you for placement in the S.E.T.I. program eh. ;)

smooth28la said:

You must not have a wife? ;)

I told my wife I was going to get a 2nd dish so I could get the voom channels and CBS-HD (pre qualified),, all I got was the look :eek:

Rlanham said:

I told my wife I was going to get a 2nd dish so I could get the voom channels and CBS-HD (pre qualified),, all I got was the look :eek:

I know that look well :D I qualify for a free dish install, since a couple of my locals ore at 61.5. However, I really don't want to put a 2nd dish on my house. I'll wait and see what other suprises Charlie has in store. Dish 1000? Maybe he'll somehow get these channels on 119 or 110. I can't see how Dish is offering these channels to customers who can see 61.5 only.
Will these channels show up in the guide, without a dish pointing to 61.5? Just want to see what programming I'm missing out on.

Rlanham said:

Amen, I got the same look. Hence the reason I haven't scheduled an install yet. Patiently waiting to see if Charlie helps us married folks out first! :D

Yep, same here.... The wives are good at giving us those looks when we want "our toys", BUT when they say they need another pair of shoes or another purse, you had better not try to give them the same look or else..:D ... LOL..

DucTape said:
Yes if they are still running the promo you can get the locals dish installed for free if you qualify and dont mention the Voom channels.
After your installed you can add them to your package.

This isn't a promo to get the dish free for these locals, its mandated by the FCC...

Thus we're actually pretty likely to never see a promotional campaign regarding the free dish for locals...

They're forced to give it to us for free, unless (apparently) there is a second reason the dish is being ordered (like now, for the V10).

jbcheshire said:
Yep, same here.... The wives are good at giving us those looks when we want "our toys", BUT when they say they need another pair of shoes or another purse, you had better not try to give them the same look or else..:D ... LOL..

Maybe the new promo should be: "Buy a Wing Satellite" and the wife gets a FREE PAIR OF SHOES :dev

Big deal.....

Doesn't do much of us any good with 110 and 119 birds. Sure would be nice to get these new channels up and running so the vast majority of E* subscribers would be able to give up more money to Charley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)