Dish Expands High Definition Package

Glad I wanted and didn't sign a contract with DirecTV like I was tempted to do. I thought something might come out at the last minute. Now I've signed up with Dish Network, and got some good deals. I am getting a 942 HD-DVR and 811 receiver for only $250.00. (The 942 was the $250.00 upgrade cost, and the 811 is free). I'll miss some of the channels like Universal HD, Starz HD, Cinemax HD, Family Room, etc. for a while, but hopefully Dish will get these added before too long (in the case of Family Room, and the other Voom channels, by 2006). I am very happy to be able to maintain many of the channels I love like Rave, Rush, Equator & HD News, though!

DishBacker said:
Well, it could do good for some 40,000 Voom subscribers who already have a 61.5 dish trying to decide what they are going to do for service...

Maybe,just maybe they will let our V* stb be able to receive these channels for a small fee.
Wishful thinking I guess. ;)

WHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Sweet.

:) :D :cool: :shocked

Dang Charlie needs to pull these reverse lies more often, I can't believe how he pulled our legs so bad on the CC this month saying no HD until 2006 and now this :) Awesome.

I'm also listening to "Insane in the Brain" to get me in the mood :)

LASooner said:
While this is encouraging news. My HOA won't allow a second dish, so if it's at 61.5 I'm screwed until they move all programming to the new single uber dish at 129 or they squeeze a few channels in on 119/110 which probably won't happen :no

According to the Dish Rep I just talked to when I ordered, the Voom channels will be coming off of 110. I didn't think they had the capacity at 110, but maybe they do. I'm not putting a lot of faith that he knew what he was talking about, though. I know from past experience with CSRs never to do that.

bookwalk said:
I immediately called the 800 333 3474 number and rep said, NO, the $19.99 offer is ONLY for NEW YORK! BUMMER--please revise the forum post to reflect that before we all call and find out this was all a dream!

Keep trying it was only New York, but is supposed to go national.

seandudley said:
According to the Dish Rep I just talked to when I ordered, the Voom channels will be coming off of 110. I didn't think they had the capacity at 110, but maybe they do. I'm not putting a lot of faith that he knew what he was talking about, though. I know from past experience with CSRs never to do that.

If I let them get my hopes up they'll break my black little heart, I just know it.

That would be sweet.

:cool:

Scott, TNGTony, Darkman!!! Where are you guys? We need some uplink info asap :) Where are these new channels going, 110/119 or 61.5?!!

bookwalk said:
I immediately called the 800 333 3474 number and rep said, NO, the $19.99 offer is ONLY for NEW YORK! BUMMER--please revise the forum post to reflect that before we all call and find out this was all a dream!

It was posted elsewhere that this offer won't be available nationally until May 1 and someone else was advised to call back then. Thats what I'm going to do. That way hopefully the CSRs will know what is going on. (I know, ever the optimist!)

CDH.

HokieEngineer said:
Scott, TNGTony, Darkman!!! Where are you guys? We need some uplink info asap :) Where are these new channels going, 110/119 or 61.5?!!

The channels are already uplinked at 61.5

Poke said:
Well one thing is for sure they will be putting the new 10 channel line up where most Customers will be able to view it. Main thing is if your a HD subscriber then thats all you should need to be for now.

Most HD is received from 110 with a dish 500. But, that bird is full (because of the 8PSK HD and SD cannot be mixed on the same transponder). Already, there is overflow HD on the Wing satellites (148 and 61.5). Currently this is just a national CBS feed which most subs are not allowed to get.

I don't see them adding more HD to 110/119 at this time. It's gonna have to stay on the wings at least until more spot beam resources get moved to 110 (Echostar 10 and possibly Rainbow 1).

What we don't know yet is if the voom channels are going to be mirrored on 148.

Just got word that these channels will be on 61.5 meaning you will need a second dish to view them, I am also hearing them hope to have them mirrored soon at 148.

jpetersohn said:
That's a lot harder problem to solve. Adding national channels is a much more intelligent use of limited resources at this time.

Except not all customers are allowed to get a national channel. Probably important since most of the time those who don't qualify can receive HD OTA anyway. A national feed would cover the rest.

Dish must do the math to determine if they are worth the bandwidth.

LASooner said:
While this is encouraging news. My HOA won't allow a second dish, so if it's at 61.5 I'm screwed until they move all programming to the new single uber dish at 129 or they squeeze a few channels in on 119/110 which probably won't happen :no
Give your HOA the finger when you also give them the FCC OTARD rules. You can have a 2nd dish.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just got word that these channels will be on 61.5 meaning you will need a second dish to view them, I am also hearing them hope to have them mirrored soon at 148.

Via EchoStar-3 or Rainbow-1?

Also, is soon meaning they should be up on 148 by Sunday?

Scott Greczkowski said:

So, if you have locals on the 61.5 then you'd better call today (before 5/1) to get them scheduled for a FREE install on this dish before the price goes up....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts