Dish Expands High Definition Package

Well with the new laws that pass they half to keeps things to one dish! With MPEG4 and in the future this will not be a issue and room on satellites will be less of a issue. But we all will waite and see.

StevenD said:
Here's mine:

Its a ten foot 1 5/18" pole driven about a foot into the ground and bolted to to the fence post (2 3/8"-three feet in the ground) with U-bolts. Its been that way for over 3 years. I swapped out my Dish500 for a SuperDish last fall. I have never had to repeak either or them.

Thanks Steven !! I was going to ask someone to put up a pic, but then I thought I'd sound like a PITA :)

CSR's are always the last to know any information and with some of their CSR's located outside the country, I can see why they would not have the info needed to relay to the customer.

Paul

Poke said:
Well with the new laws that pass they half to keeps things to one dish! With MPEG4 and in the future this will not be a issue and room on satellites will be less of a issue. But we all will waite and see.
WRONG!!!
The one dish rule means that the local channels for a DMA must be on one dish. It can still be a seperate dish from any other channels and any other channels can be on as many dishes as needed.

I just got off the phone with DISH. I was told I didn't need another dish (pointed at 61.5) and that the new channels would be included in the HD package ($$$) I have now. I am pointed at 110 and 119 at the present time. We will se come monday! Great job DISH and great job Scott breaking the news!

Just got this email from Dish... Now I am confused...
• DISH Network leads in HD Programming – Effective April 30, 2005, the HD Pak just got better with 14 VOOM HD original channels which include RUSH HD, World Sports, Gallery HD, Auction HD, Rave, The Lab, Ultra HD, Equator HD, Monsters HD, Family Room, Animania, Majestic and more movies.

Rhinohd said:
I just got off the phone with DISH. I was told I didn't need another dish (pointed at 61.5) and that the new channels would be included in the HD package ($$$) I have now. I am pointed at 110 and 119 at the present time. We will se come monday! Great job DISH and great job Scott breaking the news!

Awesome news! If this comes through, I'll have to invest in a 942.

O.K guys. I haven't had time to read this whole thread, so if I am repeating I am sorry.We just got the announcement from team summit from the boss man that the package is not in fact 10 channels, but 14 channels. Here is the line up.

RUSH
world sports
gallery
auction
rave
the lab
ultra
equator
monsters
family room
animania
majestic
and 2 more movie channels

And now I only have one question. How many of you that went to D* for all thier HD content are going to cancel and go to E*?

AxE said:
We just got the announcement from team summit from the boss man that the package is not in fact 10 channels, but 14 channels. Here is the line up.
RUSH
world sports
gallery
auction
rave
the lab
ultra
equator
monsters
family room
animania
majestic
and 2 more movie channels

If that's the list and it says 2 more movie channels.

The earlier list said Guy TV and HDNews, but that isn't a movie channel. But HDNews themselves said they will be carried so I dunno

I am trying to get clarification now.

All my VOOM contacts said 10 channels. Dish in their own press release said 10 channel, however Dish's email to retailers says 14 channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)