Dish Expands High Definition Package

Scott...have you heard if they will have any sort of special offer for those of us that suddenly need another dish to point to 61.5 for the Voom package?

Tahoerob said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to see 61.5 from North Idaho (zip 83835)????

I am moving there this summer!
I currently live in VA & have a 61.5 dish

BTW, I read elsewhere that Dish intends to MOVE the Rainbow1 to the 110 slot in the near future. That would solve the Voom 21 problem away from 61.5.

There moving to the 110 location? Is it possible to get signal from 2 satellites at the same orbital position? I'm wondering if I can get 61.5 as well, I should be able to don't see why not but I'm thinking they're gonna install a dish 500 right next to my superdish. Theres sure some tall trees in the way though.

yes there are multiple satellites at each orbital.

But this whole moving thing is something I'm not confident about.

Looks like the $5.00 VOOM package is going to be available tomorrow night at midnight eastern time to order at 1-800-WOWHDTV. :) A 61.5 dish and HD package is going to be needed. This is so cool Dish Network. Thank you. :)

Jeffdbs said:
Looks like the $5.00 VOOM package is going to be available tomorrow night at midnight eastern time to order at 1-800-WOWHDTV. :) A 61.5 dish and HD package is going to be needed. This is so cool Dish Network. Thank you. :)

Does me no good, I cant see 61.5 from Snohomish, WA.

WLong said:
Does me no good, I cant see 61.5 from Snohomish, WA.

You do bring up a problem for some Dish Network customers. Hopefully this unable to see 61.5 satellite problems will be solved very soon.

Jeffdbs said:
You do bring up a problem for some Dish Network customers. Hopefully this unable to see 61.5 satellite problems will be solved very soon.

Well, there are people around that can see 61.5, but you have to have a pretty clear view that direction. I believe from here the elevation is something like 13 degrees. I tried to get VOOM in the past, and was unable to get a clear view at all.

How hard would it be to at least put them up on 148?

Five minutes ago one CSR had no clue about the 10 HD channels and she said "they should be coming sometime in the future". :mad: And another CSR I just spoke with on the phone said that the 10 voom channels are for Voom subscribers only who are going back to using E*. The offer is NOT for current Dish costumers. :eek: What a joke!!

Tahoerob said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to see 61.5 from North Idaho (zip 83835)????

If I can see 61.5 from California, you can see it from Idaho. You do realize that it's not your geographic location that's important. It's the line of sight that counts. The more distant you are, the lower the elevation, and the more likely there may be a local obstruction. I have an elevation of about 16 degrees with buildings all around me. But up on the top of a three story roof, I have an unobstructed view. You will have a higher elevation, but could easily have a local obstruction. You need to do a site survey of your intended installation site. If you don't have a line of sight, you need to find a different place to live.

OK this is the most insane post I have ever read. LOL

I guess I will wait until monday to see what happens. I was told free with the HD pack and I will be able to get the channels on my dish 500..

Stargazer said:
The VoOm HD channels are going to be on 61.5 end of story.

can i swing my 148 dish around and get 61.5?

is this possible or should i just wait until they start to mirrior everything on 148?

Now how much of this thread is actually confirmed. I've read anything from only for voom customers to everyone, I've read from almost all birds, And a price from included to $15. how many people have actually heard from the horses mouth what is the truth? If its speculation then keep it to yourself we will all find out on Sunday if it comes on or not.

I personally will be ready to put up a dish for 61.5 but prolly wont till sunday afternoon if I need it.

I've been checking here almost religiously (spelling?) for the past year and have read so many different things its ridiculous. There are some people here that report what is actually going on but I've noticed there are some who just post opinion and seem to get offended when someone contradicts them.

I will still come here but have become disappointed by the lack of knowledge from some people.

mekp21 said:
Now how much of this thread is actually confirmed. I've read anything from only for voom customers to everyone, I've read from almost all birds, And a price from included to $15. how many people have actually heard from the horses mouth what is the truth? If its speculation then keep it to yourself we will all find out on Sunday if it comes on or not.

I personally will be ready to put up a dish for 61.5 but prolly wont till sunday afternoon if I need it.

I've been checking here almost religiously (spelling?) for the past year and have read so many different things its ridiculous. There are some people here that report what is actually going on but I've noticed there are some who just post opinion and seem to get offended when someone contradicts them.

I will still come here but have become disappointed by the lack of knowledge from some people.

good points and welcome to the site. you will enjoy it here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)