DISH Explorer Second-Screen App Enhances TV Viewing Experience on iPad

Strange. I hit the Fb icon in the app and it loaded the full Fb app and required me to agree to ball the app to post on my behalf and I agreed and it logged in and re opened the Explorer app. Now the fb icon in explorer looks illuminated with a glow to it, indicating I'm logged into Fb.

The app is saying it can't find my hopper on the network. But when I look on my routers device table I can see the hopper. Any settings on my router I need to change?

When I click log-in, it's switches to my Facebook app and says "explorer is misconfigured for Facebook login. Press okay to go back to the application without connecting it to Facebook".

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

I get the same message. I tried it several times and even tried uninstalling and re-installing.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Hey guys, Facebook issues should be resolved. Let me know if you are still seeing them.

Rob

Just checked out the new app. Needless to say, awesome!!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I installed it and can't get past step 1 where I select the Hopper. It sees both Hoppers, but when I hit the
"Pair" button it does nothing. I can refresh the screen and select the other Hopper with the same results.

I've removed the app and reinstalled it. I've also rebooted the iPad, but not the Hoppers. Hoppers are recording right now.

I fail to see why this app is so awesome. IMHO everything would be done (and better) via Bluetooth keyboard directly to the Hopper. Of course I don't see much use for social media either. :p

I get to the point were it connects to my hopper, says loading data then the program shuts down....:(
Not sure what you mean by shuts down, does it exit the program? I have the New iPad(3) and it doesn't crash on it, but it won't connect even though it sees both Hoppers. I'll have to try it with my wifes iPad 4 and see if that works.

Not sure what you mean by shuts down, does it exit the program? I have the New iPad(3) and it doesn't crash on it, but it won't connect even though it sees both Hoppers. I'll have to try it with my wifes iPad 4 and see if that works.

When you click on the Hopper you want and choose PAIR, are you not seeing a confirmation code apear on the TV screen? Or do you see the code and enter it but nothing happens? Can you provide more info?

When you click on the Hopper you want and choose PAIR, are you not seeing a confirmation code apear on the TV screen? Or do you see the code and enter it but nothing happens? Can you provide more info?
Nothing happens on the TV or the iPad when I choose the Hopper and touch PAIR. It thinks for a while and then unchecks the Hopper I selected.

I would try force closing the app by using the multi task bar on the Ipad. Then relaunch and try again. If that still doesn't work you may want to consider rebooting one of the receivers to see if that helps and even go as far as running a connection test on the Hopper. I had issues similar to this at first but force closing the app and reopening it fixed it for me.

I would try force closing the app by using the multi task bar on the Ipad. Then relaunch and try again. If that still doesn't work you may want to consider rebooting one of the receivers to see if that helps and even go as far as running a connection test on the Hopper. I had issues similar to this at first but force closing the app and reopening it fixed it for me.
I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app after rebooting the iPad and Hopper. If you're talking about an internet connection test on the Hopper, it is connected to the internet. I'm at work and able to see my DVR content on both Hoppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)