DISH Explorer Second-Screen App Enhances TV Viewing Experience on iPad

I wonder if the router has something to do with this.

edit: confirmed, i swapped out the router and the app now works.

Last edited:
AKGolf

I am having the exact same issue. Have done the same troubleshooting.

What type of router are you using? I'm on the ISPs Zyxel.

Not sure what you mean by shuts down, does it exit the program? I have the New iPad(3) and it doesn't crash on it, but it won't connect even though it sees both Hoppers. I'll have to try it with my wifes iPad 4 and see if that works.

I have an ipad 4 the program pairs with my hopper just fine but when it gets to the next step it says loading data then the program shuts down. I deleted the program and reinstalled it did the same thing, also restarted the ipad with no help......

I have an ipad 4 the program pairs with my hopper just fine but when it gets to the next step it says loading data then the program shuts down. I deleted the program and reinstalled it did the same thing, also restarted the ipad with no help......

When the app is launched it finds the hopper. When you try to pair with the hopper it hangs "loading data ". Swapping the router solved the problem. I found a post a while back where apple os was having problems with some routers.

Last edited:
Mine doesn't even pair.

When the app is launched it finds the hopper. When you try to pair with the hopper it hangs "loading data ". Swapping the router solved the problem. I found a post a while back where apple os was having problems with some routers.
I don't need to buy a new router just for this function, so I guess I'll hope someone fixes the issue.

I fail to see why this app is so awesome. IMHO everything would be done (and better) via Bluetooth keyboard directly to the Hopper. Of course I don't see much use for social media either. :p

I downloaded it just in time for the Natl Championship game on Monday. I too didn't think I'd use the social media aspects but the live Twitter feed really made the game a lot more fun (unless you were a ND fan). it also presented some of the stats in the screen as well.

I'm thinking that some people are not clicking on the "found Hopper", before clicking on "Pair".
Dan
I can't speak for everyone, but I do select the Hopper I want to pair and a checkmark appears next to it. I then select PAIR and it appears to be trying, but eventually the checkmark goes away and no pairing takes place.

That's what mine does. I wonder if their is a setting with the firewall in the modem. What's weird is that I can use the other dish app and can stream video. Like I said with my older g router the app works !

I have a first gen iPad, so I was really surprised at how well it works. And I agree, the social media integration is pretty cool, especially for sports. I like the way it scrolls sports headlines too. I pushed it and downloaded a VOD straight from the app, tweeted, and set timers all without interfering with what we were watching. I also like the way when you select a show it brings up all future airings. I'm already addicted to it and I didn't think I would be. It's been nearly trouble free for me since I installed it.

I'm a retailer, so I'll have a Hopper w/Sling next week and am looking forward to trying out Hopper Transfers and the enhanced social interaction. To bad I won't have it by Sunday for the 49er's/Packers game 'cause tweeting trash during a game is so much fun.

I got everything I asked for with this refresh except for another tuner or two. I think DISH can easily resolve that issue by making the original Hopper a one-time $50 upgrade for new customers, which I think is coming (Team Summit announcement?). Existing customers can get two Hoppers for $50 each, so not really an issue there. As you can imagine we do a lot of two Hopper upgrades. We'll be pushing OTA heavy starting next week too.

The only programs I can get to show twitter feeds is sports. Is that what everyone else is seeing? Now I can post to twitter or Facebook from any program. I just don't see a twitter feed anywhere else.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

If you can't see the hopper from the pairing screen try rebooting it and trying to pair immediately after. Also can you PM me the details of your wifi setup?

In order to see the pairing popup you need to be in front of the hopper you are pairing to. Also make sure that pairing is enabled in the menus.

After being unable to connect to Facebook at first, I am not having any problems now. Connected just like it was supposed to.

I can't find the app in the App Store I my iPad. I tried dish, explorer and Dish Explorer, the result I get is Dish Remote App for IPad.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

App closes when trying to look at info for on demand content. I touch a title, the info box comes up, then the app closes. Seems to be mainly when on the all content tab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)