Dish false advertising

here you go...

it doesn't say, "See every Voles TD in HD"
it says "See every TD in HD"
We just assume that since it's on the Vols page it means the first statement.

those are enough different to be un-ethical but leagal.

also, it doesn't say you can watch or view them in HD. It only asks if you are ready.

sorry, can't see the video here at work so I can only comment on the text on the site.

I just wanted to post an update, I have forwarded your feedback along with a link to the advertisement so it can be addressed.
Interested to hear what 'solution' they'll come up with. What network carries EVERY Vols game ? About the only thing Dish can do is point fingers at the different network(s).

here you go...

So how would "See every TD in HD" not include Vols TD's? If you go by that statement then every TD from every team and from every game should be in HD.

Interested to hear what 'solution' they'll come up with. What network carries EVERY Vols game ? About the only thing Dish can do is point fingers at the different network(s).

The SEC has an agreement with ESPN & CBS so the conference games are on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, CBS or SEC Network (the SEC Network is produced by ESPN in HD and syndicated to local affiliates). Its the non-conference games that may not be in HD. Checking last year and this year there were only 2 games total not produced in HD (whether or not a provider carries it in HD is a whole different subject) and both were against D1-AA (also called FCS) teams.

So if ESPNU was in HD the only game a Vols fan couldnt see in HD was the Montana game (which was produced in glorious SD and PPV if I remember right)

here you go...

He's right, every TD you get a CHANCE to (in Hd) see will be in HD, ;)

As someone stated, every TD in HD doesn't mean every TD in HD, LIVE. However, time for Dish to state ESPNU is no longer broadcasted in SD, just an HD feed compressed into 4:3 to fit SD TVs, so Disney needs to nut up or shut up. Bring back to normal SD feed, or drop claims that Dish can't have ESPNU HD.

Dish has no shame! I'm sitting here watching the Tennessee / Chattanooga basketball game on channel 441 (alt channel) in crappy SD. And a Dish commercial comes on featuring TN basketball coach Cuonzo Martin and the Vols talking about high definition and Vols basketball. The commercial ends with a still screen showing dishvols.com, and Bob Kesling (voice of the Vols) saying to subscribe to Dish and catch all the Vols games in High Definition. FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!

They said the same thing on the UT football games (including on the coach's show which is in SD). Not having ESPNUHD that becomes a false statement...

pretty much all FSN games are in HD....I'd be shocked if it wasnt available in HD

I would normally agree. When I first saw this post I went to the South Fox Sports site, found the schedule. It was confusing to me, so I did not comment since I could not tell for sure, but it looked like those games may not have been. I definitely could be wrong... lol

Well the Vols play tomorrow night and also next Tuesday night on ESPNU. Will Dish hold true to their advertisement and show the game on an alternate channel in HD (since we know the U won't be in HD)? I highly doubt it. I guess their commercials don't have to be true as long as they can sign some new customers. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts