Dish false advertising

Well the Vols play tomorrow night and also next Tuesday night on ESPNU. Will Dish hold true to their advertisement and show the game on an alternate channel in HD (since we know the U won't be in HD)? I highly doubt it. I guess their commercials don't have to be true as long as they can sign some new customers. :(

Aren't they prohibited from doing that? It's on ESPNU isn't that the only place it can be seen?

I'm watching the Counzo Martin show this morning and every commercial break has a Dish commercial saying catch EVERY Tennessee basketball game in HD on Dish. Maybe Dish hasn't noticed that they play tonight at 8pm on Fox Sports (ch. 420) and the guide only shows available in STANDARD DEFINITION!! More Dish lies. But hey, as long as they can reel in some new customers a few lies are okay I guess?

I'm watching the Counzo Martin show this morning and every commercial break has a Dish commercial saying catch EVERY Tennessee basketball game in HD on Dish. Maybe Dish hasn't noticed that they play tonight at 8pm on Fox Sports (ch. 420) and the guide only shows available in STANDARD DEFINITION!! More Dish lies. But hey, as long as they can reel in some new customers a few lies are okay I guess?

Take a look at Alternate Channel 443..... and there it is! ;)

this new promo is also a lie DISH - Legal - Offers.....[h=3]Programming Package credits.[/h]Programming Package credits: requires a 24-month Agreement and qualifying programming. Must maintain qualifying programming to receive all credits. Upfront credit: receive a credit for each of the first 12 months after service activation. Online Bonus Credit: after activating your DISH service you must register on mydish.com/getonlinebonus within 45 days to redeem. Redemption requires you to agree to continuous enrollment in AutoPay with Paperless Billing and opt in to the DISH E-Newsletter. Online Bonus credit will apply for the first 12 months after offer redemption.

please explain how you can get a credit for each of the first 12 months when youve paid for the first month of programming prior to the installation AND you have 45 days after activation to opt in.
time machine ? congrats dish your promo has now became worse then directvs. the lies start here !

Bobby said:
Take a look at Alternate Channel 443..... and there it is! ;)

You're the man Bobby! I take back what I said......for today only. I always check the alternates before game time. The last two games were on the U and no alternates for them. So no more bitching from me. At least until the next game! :)

This is the second thread I remember where the person was mistaken and the game was in HD....... And a third if you include where the game was not broadcast in HD at all according to the RSN site. (Because they were already broadcasting another game in HD and did not do alternate channel in HD for the second game)

this new promo is also a lie DISH - Legal - Offers.....Programming Package credits.

Programming Package credits: requires a 24-month Agreement and qualifying programming. Must maintain qualifying programming to receive all credits. Upfront credit: receive a credit for each of the first 12 months after service activation. Online Bonus Credit: after activating your DISH service you must register on mydish.com/getonlinebonus within 45 days to redeem. Redemption requires you to agree to continuous enrollment in AutoPay with Paperless Billing and opt in to the DISH E-Newsletter. Online Bonus credit will apply for the first 12 months after offer redemption.

please explain how you can get a credit for each of the first 12 months when youve paid for the first month of programming prior to the installation AND you have 45 days after activation to opt in.
time machine ? congrats dish your promo has now became worse then directvs. the lies start here !

If you read more carefully. The online bonus credit will apply for the first 12 months after redemption. Meaning that after you apply online for the credit it will be applied for the next twelve months. In effect then the online credit will be for months 2-13 or 3-14. It is all there if you take the time to read it.

It is correct. The automatic credits run from the first month to the 12th month and the online credits run from the 2nd month to the 13th month. A total of 13 months of credits regardless of the amounts.

It is correct. The automatic credits run from the first month to the 12th month and the online credits run from the 2nd month to the 13th month. A total of 13 months of credits regardless of the amounts.

I understand now what you were saying. I misinterpreted it to mean that they were giving 13 months of credits for the online redemption.

what is going on with ABCFamilyHD,DisneyHD,TVLANDHD,DisneyXDHD listed on dish's website could we see these channels coming soon?

bluegras said:
what is going on with ABCFamilyHD,DisneyHD,TVLANDHD,DisneyXDHD listed on dish's website could we see these channels coming soon?

No one knows. I notified DISH and they thanked me for checking out their new website.

In the past when I notified them of errors they have always said thanks and that they would correct it ASAP.

There is something strange going on there.

What they meant in the advertising was: Take a SLING enabled device TO the game. You see the game live right in front of you (in high def) and you have your sling with you and you also see the game 'on' Dish too!

hey scott i am wondering if those HD Channels are coming real soon.Maybe they finally got rid of that lawsuit.you said that they working on putting together a headend at ESPN what is a headend?something strange is going on there and i wish i would find out whats going on there.

No one knows. I notified DISH and they thanked me for checking out their new website.

In the past when I notified them of errors they have always said thanks and that they would correct it ASAP.

There is something strange going on there.

I agree, very odd. They've had more than enough time to take them off the list. Their silence is deafening and highly irritating. I really hope these channels are about to launch in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts