Dish Farm in Colombia

Status
Please reply by conversation.

guacharaca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Vernon, BC
I was walking through a neighborhood last night and encountered the home of an FTA enthusiast (see photo). Three C band dishes and two ku dishes and the guy only rents the upstairs apartment. What landlord would allow that? My first thought, when I saw the home, was that it was the office of my local cable company.
Dish Farm Colombia.jpg

Hey, what, NO HOA?? That's great. USA, LOTF? MAA. No restrictions here either, right in the front corner of the yard. (The 10's been there since the early-mid 80's):

Attachments

• BG_09-12.jpg
    BG_09-12.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 202
Well, Maybe the landlord permits because He is receiving some "Free" Feeds Signals sports that the customers of the Little pub on the first floor are enjoying..Round Business!!

right in the front corner of the yard. :

Is that a fire hydrant in the middle of your farm? So that is how you get big dishes ...just add water to the smaller dishes.

Hopefully I will catch the Colombian dish farmer at home this weekend and find out which birds and what kind of signal he is getting.

He is receiving some "Free" Feeds Signals sports that the customers of the Little pub on the first floor!

Dam, ...I never even noticed the pool tables on the first floor until you mentioned it. I was just staring at the solid metal C-band dish above. Sometimes they have pool halls here without the pub part. I'll have to check it out. With a user name of "Vallenato", you must have been here before.

Last edited:
Is that a fire hydrant in the middle of your farm?
In front of 'the farm' separated by the sidewalk.
So that is how you get big dishes ...just add water to the smaller dishes.
The other way 'round'. The big dish has been there so long & the hydrant must have a leak so the BUD must be putting out 'shoots' LoL.

I wonder what that solid C-Band dish is pointed at? The other four are pointed the other direction.

I wonder what that solid C-Band dish is pointed at? The other four are pointed the other direction.

Since I am only 4.5 degrees above the equator, the dishes are like that here. They are pointed in the opposite direction from each other. One bird can be in the west and the other one in the east. The steel dish is pointed to the west while the small ku is pointed almost straight up. When I talk to the guy, I will post the details.

Last edited:
Since I am only 4.5 degrees above the equator, the dishes are like that here. They are pointed in the opposite direction from each other. One bird can be in the west and the other one in the east. The steel dish is pointed to the west while the small ku is pointed almost straight up. When I talk to the guy, I will post the details.

guacharaca do you know which North American Satellites are available in Panama?

Always wondered what it would be like, aiming dishing if you were on the equator...interesting. Polar mounts probably wouldn't get it there.

Always wondered what it would be like, aiming dishing if you were on the equator...interesting. Polar mounts probably wouldn't get it there.
90° elevation and 0° declination, most mounts are not designed for that. But probably very easy to aim once you have a mount for it :)

Maybe they are for the patrons while they are playing pool, or billiards. There appear to be several tables on the ground floor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts