Dish "Freeviewing" Starz's 'Black Sails' on Blockbuster Studio (Ch 102) Starting Sunday Jan 19th

Deadlocked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I would like to believe DIRT saw all my posts and helped set this in motion ;) haha for real though this is better than nothing for those who wanted to catch the pilot to figure out if they wanted to subscribe to Starz or not for it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390003241.963411.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought it wasn't supposed to premiere on Starz until the 25th. At least that is date stated on the Starz promo on one of the movies I recently DVR'ed. I understand why they are doing it(to increase subscriber base) but I feel like this shows preferential treatment to people who don't order Starz! It shouldn't be released for free until it airs on the channel itself. Anyways if history is anything to go from it'll probably be cancelled after two seasons.

Last edited:
I won't watch anything from Premium movie channels any more that is series related. I don't want to get hooked and then have to pay the outrageous premium movie pack prices to continue to watch them. The only show I still watch is True Blood, and it is ending this summer. I will either watch it on a 1/2 price promo or free 3 months or sub to HBO for one week so I can download all the episodes when the series is concluded. Then I will cancel it quick. No more Premium Movie Pack series for me.

I thought it wasn't supposed to premiere on Starz until the 25th. At least that is date stated on the Starz promo on one of the movies I recently DVR'ed. I understand why they are doing it(to increase subscriber base) but I feel like this shows preferential treatment to people who don't order Starz! It shouldn't be released for free until it airs on the channel itself. Anyways if history is anything to go from it'll probably be cancelled after two seasons.

It's preferential treatment for everyone. Starz subscribers get to see it six days sooner.

Because of Teehar's tip here http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/327841-Black-Sails-on-Starz?p=3358672#post3358672 I just asked for BB@Home deals in a Dish chat. They gave me BB@Home for $5 for 6 months. I was going to get the Starz $9 deal for 6 months but I think this is the better option if you have a decent internet connection.

BB@Home comes with Starz Cinema. You won't be able to record Black Sails episodes on that channel but that does give you access to Starz on demand from Dish. So, for $5 per month you can watch Black Sails and all of the Starz and Encore movies on demand plus you get the live EPIX channels and their on demand library. If you are ok waiting a day or two for episodes to show up on demand and Dish's on demand works well for you I think this is the way to go.

Because of Teehar's tip here http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/327841-Black-Sails-on-Starz?p=3358672#post3358672 I just asked for BB@Home deals in a Dish chat. They gave me BB@Home for $5 for 6 months. I was going to get the Starz $9 deal for 6 months but I think this is the better option if you have a decent internet connection.

BB@Home comes with Starz Cinema. You won't be able to record Black Sails episodes on that channel but that does give you access to Starz on demand from Dish. So, for $5 per month you can watch Black Sails and all of the Starz and Encore movies on demand plus you get the live EPIX channels and their on demand library. If you are ok waiting a day or two for episodes to show up on demand and Dish's on demand works well for you I think this is the way to go.

Not too shabby.

Thanks for that Pat (and Teehar!). Think that's what I'll do if I can get it for $5 @ month! BTW, went with Charter for internet and VERY happy with it.

Ed

Just tried to get BB@Home for $5 @ month via chat and was told it was no longer available.:confused::rolleyes:

Ed

Just yesterday I got bb @ home free for 3 months

Time to play csr roulette

Yep. I would try again. I just got it yesterday so I know the $5 off deal is available. The CSR probably just didn't know what it was. I would either try another chat or just PM a DIRT member.

Yep. I would try again. I just got it yesterday so I know the $5 off deal is available. The CSR probably just didn't know what it was. I would either try another chat or just PM a DIRT member.

Yeah, I told her that others had just got it. She was gone twice to check and offered the $5 off on any of the other premiums but no dice on the BB deal. I don't feel like playing roulette but I'll ask a DIRT member when I happen to see one on.

Ed

Yeah, I told her that others had just got it. She was gone twice to check and offered the $5 off on any of the other premiums but no dice on the BB deal. I don't feel like playing roulette but I'll ask a DIRT member when I happen to see one on.

Ed

Ray from DIRT told me that he can get the $5 off BB/6mo. promotion for me no problem.:) Didn't know why the CSR said it wasn't available.:confused: I'm sure he'll get it for me tomorrow as he must have got off work before I gave him confirmation I wanted it.

Ed

Last edited:
Called to ask about $5 off and was offered starz 3 months for free. I took it. That will cover black sails and part of davincis demons

Ray from DIRT told me that he can get the $5 off BB/6mo. promotion for me no problem.:) Didn't know why the CSR said it wasn't available.:confused: I'm sure he'll get it for me tomorrow as he must have got off work before I gave him confirmation I wanted it.

Ed

Done. Thanks Ray!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts