DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

Yup, I got a bill in the mail yesterday as well. Same as the bill I downloaded from MyDish.com. I went and logged in and it still says I'm on paperless. So still some kinks in the system, I guess.
No because they are sending everyone a paper bill this billing to make sure everyone has their account number.

Hardly, they will probably, despite, be buying Directv in the not too distant future,
That’s interesting. I guess everyone is struggling. I get the impression Directv is a little better run than Dish, but I suppose that doesn’t mean it’s doing well.

A shabbily run operation?? Please, just stop before you embarrass yourself any more

Well I don’t feel embarrassed. From a consumer perspective you get the impression the place is held together with Kleenex and string. Maybe it seems different to you as an insider.

Seems like it was already a shabbily run operation

I get the impression Directv is a little better run than Dish

get the impression the place is held together with Kleenex and string

It's him. The mustache is new and there's a slight scar above the left eyebrow, but I'd recognize that voice anywhere. Claude's baaaaaaaaaaack.

That’s interesting. I guess everyone is struggling. I get the impression Directv is a little better run than Dish, but I suppose that doesn’t mean it’s doing well.
Well, Directv did come from Howard Hughes and now 70% majority owned by AT&T Inc which has a $141.70 Billion market cap while DISH has a $4.5 Billion market cap. So the best time to buy anyone if it was going to happen is when their value tanks big which is why lots of competitors in general would first push down the competitors stock price and then buy them at cheap prices and then push it up after it's purchased. Elon Musk did the same thing with Tesla when he said he was going to sell Tesla at $1000 per share which he did before he talked about it, when the stock tanked to $700, he used the same proceeds from the sale and basically bought more shares at a 30% discount and then ofcourse all the shares climbed back to $1000.

"extract retribution"??? Sheesh, what the hell kind of article is this? Sure, some good advice in there, but c'mon, "extract retribution"? Really?

It’s just an opinion piece really, not journalism. Wapo is not a great paper, but I don’t know any great papers.

Reactions: Jon J
Just logged in for the first time since the breach and pretty much everything looked good in my "account" section. I did notice that I had no rental certificates remaining, but the two I had prior to the breach would have expired on Mar. 9th and I had no way to utilize them without being able to log in. So...if a loss of $12 worth of movie rentals is the only downside of this whole fiasco for me, I can live with that and consider myself fortunate.
I lost my free rentals also. And no new ones have appeared. Tried to fix this with chat but after waiting for 40 minutes the chat window said sorry. Can't fix anything. They could have said that upfront instead of wasting my time.

Otherwise, I applaud Dish for not bowing to ransom.

I lost my free rentals also. And no new ones have appeared. Tried to fix this with chat but after waiting for 40 minutes the chat window said sorry. Can't fix anything. They could have said that upfront instead of wasting my time.

Otherwise, I applaud Dish for not bowing to ransom.
For the chat, unlike calling on the phone, you don't have to stay there waiting. You can just check periodically since all it matters is they respond and then you can respond regardless if they are there or not so you don't need to communicate in real time.

Reactions: charlesrshell
"extract retribution"??? Sheesh, what the hell kind of article is this? Sure, some good advice in there, but c'mon, "extract retribution"? Really?
I find the more interesting part in the comments... which aren't complete nonsense as usual. It is funny how most of those posting there had no idea anything was happening. One was wondering why they got a paper bill.

Dish definitely has held its cards closely and most subs didn't quite know anything was happening at all, which also indicates Dish did a good job of keeping the lights on where they needed to be on the most (programming).

I had to call Dish the other day to cancel a open work order. They answered in under 5 minutes and resolved it quickly. I was able to confirm my last two payments were received and credited with no late fees or negative impact on my account. I asked about the military movie certificates which I was told they are aware of it and working on restoring that benefit. He used the term we are 90% back to normal. and it certainly feels that way. I have noticed the website and apps are all working better smoother and easier to use than before this even happened! I feel Dish has handled this situation as best as they can. They caused the least amount of disruption and mainly the least amount of fear! A news agency lives on hyping up fear to keep you glued to the screen. Decades ago news was simply that a non biased fact being reported. I am very grateful for how this was handled and just another reason I will remain a lifelong customer!

Has DISH been hacked again?

I'm at my office, where I watch live programming from MSNBC with my DISH login through AppleTV. While the AppleTV shows that I'm logged into my DISH account, I am unable to access the live programming.

So I went to my laptop, and pulled up MSNBC.com on a browser. When I clicked the button to watch live programming, it took me to a DISH login page. After attempting to login, a message is displayed that says "The system is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Then I tried going directly to the MyDish.com website. When I tried to login, I got the same "...currently unavailable..." message.

What's going on today with DISH? Another cyberattack?