DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

Is there a UI setting to make the guide and On Demand menus look like they are from the late 80s or do I lose that with the Hopper 3 as well? ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is there a UI setting to make the guide and On Demand menus look like they are from the late 80s or do I lose that with the Hopper 3 as well? ;)
I don't think so.
You do and why would you want it to look that plain?
It may have been plain but it was very functional. Visual search in 1D is easier than it is in 2D.

Installed and set. I seemed to know a bit more than the installer (device and connectivity wise), but he seemed to do fine with the dish and everything else. OMG... getting the listing of the EHD programs that fast compared to the 722K?! I always knew the Hopper3 was the best and said the 722K was the best pound for pound.

The Hopper3 is pretty impressive. Up to date. Quick. Maybe a moment or two longer to load the image, but really, nothing to complain about.

So Dish seems to be managing things well. The Dish Anywhere App was all over the change immediately! Though it is showing an odd selection for the DVR at the moment.

I made my first call to Dish post-system rebuild yesterday and am most impressed. Steve in Tulsa got me fixed up in less than ten minutes after waiting about fifteen in the phone queue. He promptly credited me for the additional I paid because my programming package price freeze expired the day after the computer attack. He then went through choices for next year(s) and suggested the best option for me. Part of the repairs showed up online immediately and the rest are there today. Color me happy. Thanks Steve and DISH.

And the OTA data populated. Wish more of the subchannels had program data. PBS has data on three sub channels which is more than the number of sub channels on other stations that have data. And for whatever reason WOIO (and its UHF cousin WUAB) guide data still isn't there. What is odd is that I get a 19-10 now... which comes in at a better signal. VHF 10 has interference from some station up in the Great White North. WUAB also has a subchannel like that. Also noticed that Telemundo now at channel 6.

The OTA module seems to be working well. Time will tell. I'm getting similar signals, generally pegging 100 on most. PBS is a bother because it is inconsistent.

The guide speed is still very impressive and useful. Wish there were a few more options for guide display, but that is getting a bit picky. Do like the new remote, still need to program it.

The most unbelievable thing so far with my upgrade is the agreement. They wanted a 2 year plus $100 for the install for the Hopper 3. Up front they would allow six months on the insurance. I said I'd rather not pay anything, really. Been a sub, paying well for a long while (and I usually haven't been asking for annual deals). Wasn't super happy on the 2-yr deal, but they are sending someone out and blah blah, so fine. They come back, say one month insurance which is comp'd and then I can take it off the following month. I probably could have gotten a discount on programming, but I feel like I'm getting a fair deal with Flex anyway.

And I log in to my account, and the insurance is on, it is discounted off. So Dish seems to have gotten it right on the first try! Usually a chat has been needed after calling something in. I like!!! Ponder if Dish just is better now or whether the new system they have is better.