DISH has lost 420,000 subs so far this year

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dish dramatically jacking up the extra receiver fees so many years ago helped profits short term but damaged the brand over time.

this is what happens when suit beancounters end up running a company.

up till then charlie was growing the business....... its been flat growth to falling since then. although profitable short term long term its not been good.

suits at dish seeing the bottom dropping out of sub numbers, and the coming of space x internet probably has them concerned

Bob you will get no disagreement from me on the whole FEE FIASCO that has been happening since 2010. They have gone up on the hopper fee like 4 times since the original $7.00 in 2012 -then $10.00-then $12.00- and now $15.00. I liked it better when you knew that no matter what receiver you had , you had the same dvr fee and the same additional receiver fee. Now you have to figure what class your receiver is in , to figure out the fee you pay. DISH complains about the price the programming providers charge them- to be aired on DISH, but they never seem to mind charging out the butt for all their miscellaneous, made up ,charge it because we can , DISH FEES. The Flex pack is a good start to help customers pay for only what they use, but they have made NO attempt to reduce their FEES at all. My Flex pack is $34.99 a month , but my FEES are $36.00 a month. When your FEES out weigh your programming , there is a problem.

Bob you will get no disagreement from me on the whole FEE FIASCO that has been happening since 2010. They have gone up on the hopper fee like 4 times since the original $7.00 in 2012 -then $10.00-then $12.00- and now $15.00. I liked it better when you knew that no matter what receiver you had , you had the same dvr fee and the same additional receiver fee. Now you have to figure what class your receiver is in , to figure out the fee you pay. DISH complains about the price the programming providers charge them- to be aired on DISH, but they never seem to mind charging out the butt for all their miscellaneous, made up ,charge it because we can , DISH FEES. The Flex pack is a good start to help customers pay for only what they use, but they have made NO attempt to reduce their FEES at all. My Flex pack is $34.99 a month , but my FEES are $36.00 a month. When your FEES out weigh your programming , there is a problem.

This is why people want to leave. Everyone knows programming has to go up. Dish tries but can't control that a lot of the time. The problem is with the outrageous FEES. DVR fee $15 really? Then the whole mirroring FEES. Mirroring?????? Does the DVR fee and box fee have to go up every other year? Cable and satellite boxes are the only electronics that seem to always go up in price. Game consoles, computers and other electronics go down over the years. So WTF???

People like myself went to PS Vue. No DVR fee. No mirroring fee. No because we can fee. Sure the price will go up on Vue but they would be idiots to start charging Dish type fees. Yes we all know everyone does but that still doesn't make it right.

Yes Vue lost Viacom. That is usually the comeback here when people talk Vue. Not many here had a problem with that when Dish was looking to drop them. Good for Sony for having the balls to drop them.

OTT service isn't for everyone and when and if they raise the price or add FEES I'll leave. We're talking TV here. Something no one has to have. The sooner Dish and the rest figure that out the better.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: camo and MikeD-C05
Dish has been loosing subs ever since they ended their deal with AT&T and started to terminate larger retailers like myself.

Doesn't matter how many subs they loose, they will just continue to raise rates to make up for it and hide the true loss of subs with sling tv.

This is why people want to leave. Everyone knows programming has to go up. Dish tries but can't control that a lot of the time. The problem is with the outrageous FEES. DVR fee $15 really? Then the whole mirroring FEES. Mirroring?????? Does the DVR fee and box fee have to go up every other year? Cable and satellite boxes are the only electronics that seem to always go up in price. Game consoles, computers and other electronics go down over the years. So WTF???

People like myself went to PS Vue. No DVR fee. No mirroring fee. No because we can fee. Sure the price will go up on Vue but they would be idiots to start charging Dish type fees. Yes we all know everyone does but that still doesn't make it right.

Yes Vue lost Viacom. That is usually the comeback here when people talk Vue. Not many here had a problem with that when Dish was looking to drop them. Good for Sony for having the balls to drop them.

OTT service isn't for everyone and when and if they raise the price or add FEES I'll leave. We're talking TV here. Something no one has to have. The sooner Dish and the rest figure that out the better.

It's programming that is the real culprit

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

It's programming that is the real culprit

It is but Dish can control the FEES. They just tend not to. Remember years ago the whole freezing prices. Freezing prices except for FEES.

Leaving Dish and going to Vue saved us $30 in FEES right from the start. Again that will not work for everyone.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
It is but Dish can control the FEES. They just tend not to. Remember years ago the whole freezing prices. Freezing prices except for FEES.

Leaving Dish and going to Vue saved us $30 in FEES right from the start. Again that will not work for everyone.

It's a sneaky way of saying they didn't raise programming costs but really did..marketing ploy

Reactions: Gobucks
The Flex pack is a good start to help customers pay for only what they use, but they have made NO attempt to reduce their FEES at all. My Flex pack is $34.99 a month , but my FEES are $36.00 a month. When your FEES out weigh your programming , there is a problem.
If your fees were for antiquaited SD DVRs, maybe you'd have a point. I like that Dish reduces the cost for people that don't want the moon and don't require them to pay for other people to have Hoppers and Joeys in every room.

You may want to check what everyone else (Directv and cablecos) charges for equipment. Yes, Dish did add/increase fees, but I'll bet they're nowhere near the worst.
Is there anyone that is better?

Reactions: Tampa8
I'm just glad that DISH is paying for the research and development of new equipment and technology by charging fees from those who use that new equipment instead of charging me through programming costs on my 211K. :)
Umm... what he said. Seems like some people think the same on this.

Charter is my local cable company and their boxes are $11.75 each, so I can't complain about $7 each for the Joeys. The $15 DVR fee with Dish seems high, but it's better than what I had with DTV paying a $10 DVR fee + $10 HD fee.

The only way to avoid equipment fees is not having a cable/satellite subscription. That's how they make their money.

Here are the equipment rates for Time Warner:
EQUIPMENT & EXTRAS
Digital, HD, DVR or HD-DVR Set-Top Box and Remote Package - $11.75 (includes Set-Top Box, Remote and The Guide)
DVR Service Fee (per DVR) - $12.99
Enhanced DVR (per DVR) - $15.99
Enhanced Whole House DVR Upgrade in Addition to DVR Service Fee - $7.00

I don't have their service so I can't say for sure, but it appears if you have (1) DVR, you pay $11.75 + $12.99. Or, if you want an "enhanced" DVR, it's $11.75 + $15.99. I think that their "enhanced" DVR is simply a newer model (faster, larger HDD, etc).

Actually, I do have access to an account.... hold on....

Reactions: Yespage
Here you go:
twc-charges.png

So with TWC/Charter, you pay for each box and you pay for DVR service on top of that. I can't explain the (7), yes (7), different DVR related charges myself !

We all know everyone charges big time fees for equipment. No one disputes that.

All I said is that is a big reason why people leave. Their sick of it. If I bought a Hopper 3 and it was owned they would still charge a fee.

PS Vue no equipment and no fees. Works for us.

Sent from my LG-H901 using the SatelliteGuys app!

One of the whole reasons why DISH was successful back when they started , was because they weren't like the Cable companies: charging fees out the butt for every little thing. Now even though they are less in fees than cable , they are still high. Being like the competition , charging fees , doesn't help you to differentiate your company from the rest of the options out there. It's like saying: at DISH we Screw you less than the rest. Just doesn't work. They need a total realignment of their fee structure and consolidate them and then REDUCE them to make the point to the public that they are indeed the Low price and COST leaders once again. Sometimes you have to go backward to what worked before in order to move forward in the future. IF they don't they will find their losses will continue to multiply each quarter, till they dwindle down to less and less. As I said their 3rd quarter profits for 2016 were only slightly larger than last years 3rd quarter profits. I know that to their share holders that is still good news , but the point where they stop increasing their profits ,even with the sub churn increasing, is the moment they will have to decided what to do to right the ship. Because at that point , they can no longer justify both losses and decreasing profits. Something will have to change and sooner rather than later.

One of the whole reasons why DISH was successful back when they started , was because they weren't like the Cable companies: charging fees out the butt for every little thing. Now even though they are less in fees than cable , they are still high. Being like the competition , charging fees , doesn't help you to differentiate your company from the rest of the options out there. It's like saying: at DISH we Screw you less than the rest. Just doesn't work. They need a total realignment of their fee structure and consolidate them and then REDUCE them to make the point to the public that they are indeed the Low price and COST leaders once again. Sometimes you have to go backward to what worked before in order to move forward in the future. IF they don't they will find their losses will continue to multiply each quarter, till they dwindle down to less and less. As I said their 3rd quarter profits for 2016 were only slightly larger than last years 3rd quarter profits. I know that to their share holders that is still good news , but the point where they stop increasing their profits ,even with the sub churn increasing, is the moment they will have to decided what to do to right the ship. Because at that point , they can no longer justify both losses and decreasing profits. Something will have to change and sooner rather than later.

Dish could have kinda done that a while back. They came out with the virtual joey for PS3. I was hoping they wouldn't charge for it but as usual there was a fee. Same price as a real joey. So yea they could help control some fees. They just choose not to.

Sent from my LG-H901 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Lots of great points between crappy programming, ridiculous amounts of commercials, exorbitant equipment fees, and just plain overall lose of interest in TV and truthfully the distaste of Hollywood itself plays a role for many like me. Then with cheaper options like streaming becoming more popular for basic necessities like sports, weather and non fake news it all starts adding up.

Reactions: Jillian2
I hate fees as much as the next Guy.

But enlighten me.

What fees does Dish have ?

DVR whole Home fee on a Hopper 3
$15
And addtional rooms are $7 each.

So for a 4 rooms system
You are looking at $36.
For 16 tuners, Full system integration in up to 7 rooms including 4K and Netflix availability, plus usable VOD services that Tower over any VIP system.

Back in 2007 when I first had Dish
My fees were as follows.
$6 for DVR
722 Free
622 $17
612 $10
HD $10 , But we can argue and say thats included now in the basepackages.

My 2007 Fees.
$33-43 per month.
For essentially only 3 HD rooms and a Sad excuse for 2nd room of SD service from a Non integrated 6 tuners.

So tell me again how the fees are out of control?

Now if you want to talk about Protection plans for $8 a month, with $10-20 service calls, or Return charges on equipment that isn't even ours, Then I could see your point.

But a $3 increase in fees in 10 years is not even worth bringing up the word FEEs.
Especially when IMO they system now are 100 times way more advanced.

Dishs fees and programming are not whats bringing them numbers down.

Its the Dishputes, the Charlie Blackout rules .
Lets start there...

Reactions: stormrider22
Dish has been loosing subs ever since they ended their deal with AT&T and started to terminate larger retailers like myself.

Doesn't matter how many subs they loose, they will just continue to raise rates to make up for it and hide the true loss of subs with sling tv.

And AT&T, Comcast, Charter, etc... will not continue to do the same?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)