Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
For months now one of the most common questions is what HD channels does DISH have and for many folks they haven't been able to find information on what channels come with the DISH America (formally Turbo HD) package.

Well wonder no more. :)

Below is a PDF which explains everything HD about DISH Network.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Focus On DISH Network HD.pdf
    119.5 KB · Views: 3,987
Thanks Scott! As a Dish America Gold customer contemplating downgrading to a less expensive package, it has been somewhat difficult to find exactly what is offered and in which packages. I realize there are many different possible combinations of channels in a locality based on the number of Dish offerings but Dish does need to do a better job of communicating what's available. I was almost to the point of dropping them and moving back to cable ;-)

I don't know why they don't have this information on their website. A lot of people are looking for this information.

Hopefully they are happy (and take notice) that with this information we helped save them a customer... perhaps they will finally update their website with this info so more customers can see whats what. :)

Yes, good info, but they need to add a note about Annual Top packages. Having one of those negates the ability to get the Platinum package at all, and of course disqualifies one for Free HD for Life.

Unless the rep I chatted with was incorrect.

sigmtr

No mention of the fact that HD RSNs are not full time and not on HD events are broadcast in HD.

I would imagine that prospective customers would like to know they'll be playing HD roulette when their local team in on.

Amazing that 200 HD channels is really 71 :rolleyes:
25 part time HD chanenls and you dont know if your game is in HD or not really dont count

actually it does. Under the HD channel there is a *

*HD regional sports networks are game content only.

Thank you.

It should say, "*HD regional sports networks are game content only and not all games produced in HD are shown in HD on Dish Network."

No mention of the fact that HD RSNs are not full time and not on HD events are broadcast in HD.

I would imagine that prospective customers would like to know they'll be playing HD roulette when their local team in on.

Actually, it has a star next to it and in the fine print it says that they are game time only. My feelings on this......................... :D LOL And so it begins!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I did submit a question in regards to this situation for the Charlie chat tonight, (via video) I hope they do air it and I hope Charlie comments on it. I would have done the live thing, but I had prior engagements that I have to attend to. :)

Edit: Iceburg beat me to it (thats what I get for taking a phone call LOL)

I have to give Dish credit (well a little credit)
At least they posted that part about it being games only instead of not even acknowledging it at all.

I have the everything package. I believe I counted 122 HD channels. Then there are 21 part time sports channels and 24 pay channels for my 622s. That is lot more HD than I actually watch. There are many currently SD only channels that I would watch if they became available in HD ( AMC, IFC, FOXMO, ESPNU, VH1CL, MIL, NASA, KTLA, WPIX, KWGN, WSBK, HBO2W, MOMAX, SHOEX, SBYND,TMCXE, TMC-W, SUND, FLIX,ENCRW, EWSTN, EACT, EMYST, EDRAM, ELOVE, EWAM, SCINE, SBLCK )

I was wrong. Looks like in Dish's usual way they split up HD on that document. They show 16 channels that are in the "platinum" pack and then the movie channels elsewhere

Nor should there be since it is a package that is no longer for sale. If they had that package documented everyone will want it, since it is the best deal on TV anywhere. :)

What channels are some getting with this grandfathered package? I am just curious...and at what price?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts