DISH HD Information

There is one mistake in the listings for Dish America Silver. MSNBC HD 209 is listed as part of the package. It is not. At least it was not when I checked a few minutes ago.

What's the deal with BBC America HD, Speed HD, E! HD, etc., not being in the Dish America HD packages? Looks like I'm sticking with America's Top packaging.

What channels are some getting with this grandfathered package? I am just curious...and at what price?
This is what I get with the HDAbsolute package for 34.99 with locals:
  1. NHLN HD
  2. NBATV HD
  3. GOLF HD
  4. TENIS HD
  5. WFN HD
  6. MGN HD
  7. HDNMV HD
  8. EPIX2 HD
  9. EPIX1 HD
  10. RETRO HD
  11. INDIE HD
  12. SHRTS HD
  13. FTV HD
  14. LOGO HD
  15. CTRC HD
  16. PLDIA HD
  17. CI HD
  18. UNIHD
  19. HDTHR
  20. HDNET
  21. MAVTV HD
  22. EARTH
  23. CTN
  24. ANGL2
  25. CCNEW
  26. KTV
  27. ANGEL
  28. INSP
  29. WGN HD
  30. TRV HD
  31. TWC HD
  32. NASA
  33. CNBC HD
  34. CNN HD
  35. GREEN HD
  36. SCI HD
  37. HMC HD
  38. NTGEO HD
  39. APL HD
  40. TLC HD
  41. DISC HD
  42. ABCFM HD
  43. TOON HD
  44. DISXD HD
  45. DISE HD
  46. SPIKE HD
  47. CMT HD
  48. NFLRZ SD
  49. NFL HD
  50. CBS C HD
  51. VS HD
  52. ESPN2 HD
  53. ESNWS HD
  54. ESPN HD
  55. TBS HD
  56. TNT HD
  57. BRAVO HD
  58. SYFY HD
  59. HIST HD
  60. BIO HD
  61. A&E HD
  62. HGTV HD
  63. FOOD HD
  64. LMN HD
  65. LIFE HD
  66. CMDY HD
  67. USA HD
  68. All of the PI channels in the 9400 block
*SD Channels

I'm glad to see that Platinum is still an option for Dish America packages. I'm getting uVerse installed this week, but plan to keep my Dish DVR too, with a minimal pkg and I'd like to keep Platinum service as well.

Scott, do you have any detailed info on the $9.99 'Locals Only' package?
* Is this a current package available to all customers?
* Is it only available for customers who own their boxes, or is it available to lease customers too?
* If I'm leasing a VIP722, would the locals be included in HD, or would I have to pay an addtl fee to get HD locals (note: I'm currently getting the Free HD for Life with my Top250+HD/Platinum service).
* If a customer is still within their 2-year contract, can they downgrade to 'Locals Only', or is this bare-bones package only available after the 2-year contract is complete (mine is up in August).
* I'm assuming the $6 DVR service is still available with locals only, correct?

Thanks for any info you have.

IF you are under lease , DISH will not let you downgrade to anything lower except the lowest programming pack . It is in the lease agreement online at their website. Now if you own your own receivers and you want to down grade to just locals , they will allow that, if you pay the no programming pack access fee of $6.00 and if it is a dvr , the $ 6.00 dvr fee too along with the $5.99 price of the locals =$17.99.

They used to have the Welcome pack , a random amount of miscellaneous channels and your locals for just $14.99 a month. This is not available any longer to sub to , but if you are going to cancel , DISH might still offer this pack to you. IF you have an hd receiver , you will get your locals in HD . My aunt has the welcome pack and I recently got her a 211k receiver and added the 1000.2 sat dish , she now gets her locals in hd.

If you really want answers to your specific questions, you could write an email outlining all these questions to ceo@echostar.com . The executive resolution department will be the one to answer you and it might take a week to get an answer , but it will be coming from the top .

Anyone notice that at the top of the doc. Platinum is only available with these packages and dish america is not one of them. At the bottom of the doc. it says it is. Is it really available to dish america? Does anyone have dish america and Platinum?

The reason that BBC America, Fox News, etc. is not included in the Dish America packages, in my opinion, is two fold.

1. Programming distribution requirements: "In order to provide a customer with Nickelodeon, you also have to give them these other 5 channels we own".

2. Cost. If you look at the channel listings, there really isn't much difference between what's in HD and SD at this point. Do you really expect to pay $10 less for Dish America vs. the Top 120 package and still get EVERY hd channel when the only real standard def channels left in Top 120 are MTV2, TV Land, ESPNU and the junk music channels? I think this is a big factor in not providing some of the Top 120 channels in Dish America. If they really gave you all the normal Top 120 channels in HD in Dish America for $10 less than the Top 120 package, NO one would subscribe to Top 120. Same with the 200 and 250 packages.

Robert

This is what I get with the HDAbsolute package for 34.99 with locals:
  1. NHLN HD
  2. NBATV HD
  3. GOLF HD
  4. TENIS HD
  5. WFN HD
  6. MGN HD
  7. HDNMV HD
  8. EPIX2 HD
  9. EPIX1 HD
  10. RETRO HD
  11. INDIE HD
  12. SHRTS HD
  13. FTV HD
  14. LOGO HD
  15. CTRC HD
  16. PLDIA HD
  17. CI HD
  18. UNIHD
  19. HDTHR
  20. HDNET
  21. MAVTV HD
  22. EARTH
  23. CTN
  24. ANGL2
  25. CCNEW
  26. KTV
  27. ANGEL
  28. INSP
  29. WGN HD
  30. TRV HD
  31. TWC HD
  32. NASA
  33. CNBC HD
  34. CNN HD
  35. GREEN HD
  36. SCI HD
  37. HMC HD
  38. NTGEO HD
  39. APL HD
  40. TLC HD
  41. DISC HD
  42. ABCFM HD
  43. TOON HD
  44. DISXD HD
  45. DISE HD
  46. SPIKE HD
  47. CMT HD
  48. NFLRZ SD
  49. NFL HD
  50. CBS C HD
  51. VS HD
  52. ESPN2 HD
  53. ESNWS HD
  54. ESPN HD
  55. TBS HD
  56. TNT HD
  57. BRAVO HD
  58. SYFY HD
  59. HIST HD
  60. BIO HD
  61. A&E HD
  62. HGTV HD
  63. FOOD HD
  64. LMN HD
  65. LIFE HD
  66. CMDY HD
  67. USA HD
  68. All of the PI channels in the 9400 block
*SD Channels

Wow...I can see why Absolute subs wont give it up :)

IF you are under lease , DISH will not let you downgrade to anything lower except the lowest programming pack . It is in the lease agreement online at their website. Now if you own your own receivers and you want to down grade to just locals , they will allow that, if you pay the no programming pack access fee of $6.00 and if it is a dvr , the $ 6.00 dvr fee too along with the $5.99 price of the locals =$17.99.

They used to have the Welcome pack , a random amount of miscellaneous channels and your locals for just $14.99 a month. This is not available any longer to sub to , but if you are going to cancel , DISH might still offer this pack to you. IF you have an hd receiver , you will get your locals in HD . My aunt has the welcome pack and I recently got her a 211k receiver and added the 1000.2 sat dish , she now gets her locals in hd.

If you really want answers to your specific questions, you could write an email outlining all these questions to ceo@echostar.com . The executive resolution department will be the one to answer you and it might take a week to get an answer , but it will be coming from the top .

THANKS!! :up

There is one mistake in the listings for Dish America Silver. MSNBC HD 209 is listed as part of the package. It is not. At least it was not when I checked a few minutes ago.

Can other people also confirm this? I just want to make sure it's not a fluke. I was about to change my Dish service from America's Top 200 to Dish America Silver, but will reconsider if MSNBC is not part of the package.
Is it part of the Dish America Gold package?
Also, if you get any of the Dish America packages, do you also have to pay an extra fee for the local channels(whether they are in HD or not)?

Thanks,
Dave

actually it does. Under the HD channel there is a *

*HD regional sports networks are game content only.

True they do qualify with the asterisk but they don't tell you that sometimes, for no apparent reason as far as I know, that games are not always carried in HD or they will turn it on late (Sundays Red Sox-Giants Game was listed as being in HD but it was sometime after the 1st inning before we had it in HD!)
This is important info for new customers.

The document is great thanks Scott and you are correct it should be on the web site.

Ross

Last edited:
I wonder if the document isn't yet posted on the Dish website because they are still trying to negotiate deals on some of the HD channels?
I was "chatting" with a Dish CSR on their asking and was inquiring about whether the MSNBC HD channel was part of the Team Silver package. She confirmed that not only is it missing from the Silver package, it is also not in the Gold package(despite the fact that it is listed in both the Silver and Gold packages on the Focuson Dish HD fact sheet.
I asked if they would be included in the future and she said: " Once the rest of the channels owned by NBC Universal are in HD, we will per the contract with them. "

Can other people also confirm this? I just want to make sure it's not a fluke. I was about to change my Dish service from America's Top 200 to Dish America Silver, but will reconsider if MSNBC is not part of the package.
Also, if you get any of the Dish America packages, do you also have to pay an extra fee for the local channels(whether they are in HD or not)?

Thanks,
Dave

Dish America Silver subscriber here. I just scrolled through and no MSNBC for me. I still have my locals OTA, but per my account info online, it appears that I'd be charged for the mandatory locals if I make an account change.

This is all facinating and so weird at the same time. I was a Turbo subscriber and at some point they switched me to America silver... OK... so now it says in my account that I have Dish America Silver * - Any account changes and I can't go back to this type of package as it no longer exsists. I am being charged 39.99 per month for what looks like America silver. So I think my package is actually the 'same' but at the old price, and if I change, they would enforce the new price (44 something)?

I would like G4 but I am certainly not going to pay extra for it!! So weird though that G4 isn't under the gold package either.

BTW, for what its worth, I AM getting history-I HD right now in my package though its not listed on your sheet.

Thanks,
Dave

I can't believe that anyone would worry about losing MSNBC if everything else in a different package works better for you.:confused:

This is all facinating and so weird at the same time. I was a Turbo subscriber and at some point they switched me to America silver... OK... so now it says in my account that I have Dish America Silver * - Any account changes and I can't go back to this type of package as it no longer exsists. I am being charged 39.99 per month for what looks like America silver. So I think my package is actually the 'same' but at the old price, and if I change, they would enforce the new price (44 something)?

I would like G4 but I am certainly not going to pay extra for it!! So weird though that G4 isn't under the gold package either.

BTW, for what its worth, I AM getting history-I HD right now in my package though its not listed on your sheet.

If I'm not mistaken, history-I HD may be on a 'free-preview' depending upon your package. I think that preview goes until 7/7, so if it suddenly disappears, that's why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)