DISH HD Locals for 2010

FletchUAVDrvr

Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any new info about upcoming HD Local additions for this year. I am stuck in Clovis NM and tied to the Amarillo DMA, because someone thought that was a great idea many years ago. I can receive the Albuquerque HD signal, but have no way for Dish to change my programming, without being dishonest. Looking on their map, Satellite TV and HD Satellite TV Packages - DISH Network, there are not many spots left where HD local programming does not exist, Western Texas being one of the big areas. With NASCAR season approaching, SD resolution just doesn't cut it anymore! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Fletch

I don't believe so since I can get my local programming from Amarillo. I can also get some network programming over-the-air, but none of that is HD either. Even if I could use AAD, I would not want to pay their ridiculous fees for programming.

move

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any new info about upcoming HD Local additions for this year. I am stuck in Clovis NM and tied to the Amarillo DMA, because someone thought that was a great idea many years ago. I can receive the Albuquerque HD signal, but have no way for Dish to change my programming, without being dishonest. Looking on their map, Satellite TV and HD Satellite TV Packages - DISH Network, there are not many spots left where HD local programming does not exist, Western Texas being one of the big areas. With NASCAR season approaching, SD resolution just doesn't cut it anymore! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Fletch

Just do a little move to a town in the Alb DMA. The Clovis DMA w/in Ama was bought years ago. They still maintain translators (microwave links- had to go work on them several times when I worked for KFDA) that cost big $$ so that is why they don't let it go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)