Dish HD: sound, but no picture

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

davec53

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
I'm having an issue tonight where certain HD channels are sound only, no video...and it seems random.

Espn, espn2, history, a&e, are some that are coming in fine in HD...but not much else. There is sound, and the SD versions are OK, but there is no video.

Even 1 of my HD local channels is doing it...the other 3 are OK ( Lexington, KY market )

Something going in in the sky?

If you have sound you oughta have a picture. Try unplugging your receiver for a minute and then plug it back in.

What model receiver? Tried soft reset (red RESET button, or hold POWER button for 5-10 secs?) Tried power cycling (unplug for 15 seconds, replug?)

I've experienced no picture with sound on everything with the 211s...jiggling the hdmi connection at the receiver brings the picture back...may not be your situation however.

How are you connected (HDMI, optical, component)? What components are in your setup (AV receiver?)? As was already asked what receiver are you using?

My guess is that your audio setup on the dish receiver got changed from Dolby/PCM to PCM only and your setup is not liking that. The reason that the receiver matters is it changes how you get to that setting.

Hello my name is Mayra Diaz. I work for DISH Network Customer Service. Thanks for all your great responses, I would definitely try a to unplug the receiver for 10 sec and plug it back in. Also I would try to run a check switch test press menu (6-1-1) and press select on check switch and on the installation summary press test. After the test is finished cancel out of the menu all the way. If that doesn't work for you please post back.

When this happens all you need to do is reboot the receiver. Evey once in a while I need to due this, usually after a software update. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)