Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

Your Quote is here about the SD master:
"The SD version on Dish is overly compressed and downrezed. The HD muxes on Dish currently compress less so the original SD quality shines. I don't think most understand how good a SD master can look since they never saw the virgin master. If you have the means from a friend with a big c band dish it's worth taking a look at them You'll be amazed how clean and clear a SD channel can be."

This is what I was replying to. So yes I did read it. And no their is no way that SD master will ever look as good as the HD that both D* & E* show. So I jumped to no conclusions.

The point I'm making is you went off talking about HD lite reup vs SD master when I never said anything about comparing the signals.

Satforums was a good place many moons ago, but brought on it's demise by all the fighting and bickering that went on over there the last few years. Many got sick of it and came to Sat Guys or moved on to Ricks or someplace else.

More like anybody with a brain quit posting there because of the pure idiocy that was/is being pushed as facts. You know, like Charlie's responsible for all the problems in the TV universe, NPS lied, and the rest of the chanting from the loony kool aid drinkers who are now in complete control.

I claim his point is that when you give a quality SD signal, e.g. from a DVD or C-band, HD (lite) bandwidth, it looks pretty darn good and vastly better than the SD channels dish offers. Can't we all agree on this point? It seems pretty clear ;) to me.

I can't disagree but I watch less than half an hour of SD per week. So the point escapes me as to why he is talking about it. BTW DVD (480P) is considered ED (enhanced definition).

I think tvropro's point was referring to SD channels that Dish has as HD channels, when they are not HD.

The point is valid.

SD on HITS is less compressed than SD on Dish, which looks bad, yes, I have both.

A non-HD channel on Dish is compressed less than SD on Dish, so yes, it looks good.

Dish do reduce the resolution of their SD channels and this does have an impact on quality.

And now back to the topic: - Does anyone know when the Disney / DISH agreement expires? I agree that this will be the time where we MIGHT finally get the lost Disney, ABCFamily and ESPN HDs back (and hopefully add to it). Having ESPNU go through yet another football / basketball season in full (non)glorious SD was disappointing.

Glad I switch dto Direct. I can't believe this is STILL going on. Big FAIL, Dish.

I'm not so quick to blame E* in this case. Disney dropped the HD feed over an ambiguous contract(s) interpreted differently by the two parties. The last court decision seems to side more with E*. I can't blame E* for not wanting to pay twice for the same programming. Remember Disney could have pulled the HD feed at any time but let E* carry it for about two years before deciding they wanted to double their fee. There was also a problem with E* paying their programming fees late to Disney which may also have been a factor in the standoff.

Netflix has added a bunch of Dinsey channel programing lately. Many of there movies are in HD on Netflix that look and sound great. They still don't have a couple of programs I want on there yet (Pair of Kings & Shake it Up) but I think they would add them soon.

Can a Dish CSR provide us with an update to this situation? I was just talking with a Dish rep via the dishnetwork website and they tried to convince me that the channels have been returned to Dish programming. After she argued with me for 10 mins, she then indicated that they will be returned soon. Anyone know what the next step is in the litigation process?

Can a Dish CSR provide us with an update to this situation? I was just talking with a Dish rep via the dishnetwork website and they tried to convince me that the channels have been returned to Dish programming. After she argued with me for 10 mins, she then indicated that they will be returned soon. Anyone know what the next step is in the litigation process?

If u want those channels I would suggest 1-800_DIRECTV

OWN HD took Disney HD (East) 9433 number and RFD HD took Disney XD HD 9449 number. I really don't see a solution comming soon or they would have assigned a different 9000 number for the 2 new HD channels. I wish they would resolve it sooner than later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)