This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

Didn't even try that. My SJ is in another room and I never actually watch anything there, just needed the extra tuners

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah that's why I said mine hasn't reverted back because my Joey is still the new ui, but my hopper has reverted back. I'm sure the Joey will tonight or something. You guys have ruined me lol. First thing I thought of was to check my software versions when I got out of bed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was never able to update to the new CUI. Tried again this morning and still cannot. With some of you guys saying you got reverted back overnight and cannot update to the CUI again, I am guessing by the time I went and tried to update it was pulled at that point. When I tried to update yesterday it was around 5pm Eastern time. I'd bet all the ones who could not update tried it later as well.

I looked at the new UI that is still on my SJ, hoping to find the update selection to see if I could force another download today. No joy! If it exists, I sure couldn't find it.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Having the same issue here on my hws

Seems like I remember someone on the regular hopper forums had the new ui and just about the time hr got to posting about it, it reverted back to original.

As they used to say on the other Sat Company test Threads.
The update is no longer in the stream.
If its like the other company, they only make the update active WHEN THEY HAVE EMPLOYEES needing to test it OR when they need more Public beta testers.
-
I just tried Two Hopper WS, all tuners clear, nothing pending to record, and no Joey plugged in.
A friend also just tried.
There is no way this update is active right now.
-
Please post here when it is and I will try again. My Guess is it will be Monday or Tuesday when Dish developers are working again.
I was so excited to get this update, guess we wait.

Darn! I was really excited too!
I do like the new look and it did feel faster, on the Hopper at least. I think the Joey was actually slowed down with the update. That said, it really wasn't that big of a deal to me once I used it for a few days (I was told about the trick 3-4 days before it was posted here). The way it's been hyped up, in my opinion, was a tad bit overblown.

Again though, I'm looking forward to using it "permanently" in the future.

I opted for the Carbon UI this morning. Everything seems to work well except I can't access the dvr on my second Hopper WS from the Carbon UI Hopper WS. The reverse works normally ie I can access the DVR on the carbon Ho pper from the non-Carbon Hopper. We really like the new UI and look forward to the Hopper3. The connedted wireless Joey got Corbon as well and works as expected.

I think the color shortcuts on a 40 remote will still work. The new 50 and 52 don't have those buttons. So, the shortcuts are still there but you will need the current 40 remote to use it.

The green button still toggles closed-captioning on and off and the blue button opens the app menu. I don't think the red button brings up the TV activity screen anymore though. I think it brings up an "Options" menu that includes "TV Activity", so it takes multiple presses to get there now. Don't remember what the yellow button (single-press, at least) even does.

I was able to download the new Carbon UI last night using the key code combination mentioned early in this thread. It did not revert back last night. Seems to be working well, but I need to do more testing.