DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

Well here I go I've decided to try it its downloading now.Im going to get the hopper3 when its released so might as well check it out.Will update later....

Its been a few hours since the download and its working ok.You can tell its a work in progress there are somethings missing-no EHD icon in menu-weathernation app not working-no way to check temperature of HWS that info is gone.I will update later
The caller id history is in [my account] in the menu....

I hope someone can help me with what I am doing wrong.

I have done this procedure 3 times now for 1 of my 3 HWS using the download now button. Each time it:
  1. Reboots
  2. Screen saver screen appears
  3. After about a minute, it reboots a second time
  4. Screen saver screen appears
  5. After a couple minutes, a screen appears saying "Software S528 Up to date" and "Guide download x% done"
Shouldn't I see a software download screen a some point?

I do have 1 Joey linked to this HWS, but I have confirmed it is turned off. I have also tried an unplug reset twice.

Thanks.
Same exact thing here. Tried it twice. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

I hope it's more like the old interface from the non hopper days. I hate the picture tiles. Slow and hard to navigate. I would really like to have the option of the old, simple, lined recording lists. I know I'm in the minority, but I would just love the option.
It's not. The layout is the same as the current UI. Only the colors have changed. No option (in this build) for any other layout either. I really doubt it's in the more current builds either.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I was told about this trick about a week ago and the person who told me about it perused some of these threads and was confused that people with original Hoppers were doing this. He was told NOT to do it on original Hoppers.

It's not. The layout is the same as the current UI. Only the colors have changed. No option (in this build) for any other layout either. I really doubt it's in the more current builds either.

It's not the new 'flat' type UI as shown in the CES videos/pics from last year? Same look but color change only? Can you post a pic of your guide?

It's not the new 'flat' type UI as shown in the CES videos/pics from last year? Same look but color change only? Can you post a pic of your guide?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

He was told NOT to do it on original Hoppers.

So I'm gathering right now that only HwS models can download the new UI?

This sucks. If the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey have the new UI by default, then I hope that after Jan. 28, Dish focuses all their efforts on pushing out the UI to the H2K and HwS models.

Here is some news I got the s529 update 5:30 this morning and it reverted the new UI to the old UI.Everything is the same as it was before I down loaded the new UI.How strange is that.....

Sweet, my HWS is back to 529 as well. Not sure about our other HWS. Way too many lock ups on the new gui that I had for two days. Had to RBR multiple times after box freezing trying to access the other HWS PTAT recordings.

Can't get my HWS to download either. It just reboots a couple times and eventually brings up a screen saying software up to date and downloading guide data. Any ideas what's going on? Did they pull this beta software from the system already?

Can't get my HWS to download either. It just reboots a couple times and eventually brings up a screen saying software up to date and downloading guide data. Any ideas what's going on? Did they pull this beta software from the system already?

Yup I'm getting the same on HWS.... :( Maybe I need to pull the power on the Joey's? Haven't tried that yet...

Looks like the beta is gone and they are putting the old software back on the system. My HWS has reverted and won't download again. My Joeys and Super Joey are still on the new UI but I am sure they will revert soon