DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

Okay Tried it on my H2K, and Nothing happend.
It asked to download Now, or Later, Chose Now, But nothing came of it except a reboot.
It's current software is S614
Make sure nothing else is using a tuner such as a Joey... if they are turn them off.

If they are all off, the put the Hopper in Standby and the download should start in a few minutes.

Correct, hopefully you guys get a few more builds based off your feedback, but no one is saying that WILL happen. But when the official release comes out you will get that and all the additional builds from there.
Thank you Scott for facilitating this test. If a few nerds can test and give feedback it only helps the whole customer base.

I was told to DISCONNECT the Joey. Actually to pull the power from it.
Nope it can remain powered.

The Hopper downloads and stores the software for the Joeys, so your joeys wouldn't see the software update until after the reboot anyways.

Make sure nothing else is using a tuner such as a Joey... if they are turn them off.

If they are all off, the put the Hopper in Standby and the download should start in a few minutes.
Been over an Hour, still in Standby, No download.
And no Joeys are linked to it.
That's Hopper 2000.

I'm not doing the Hopper WS at this time, Since it will affect 3 rooms in the house if there is a malfunction.
I'll see what happens at 1:30 am.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
I've had an issue since 528 where on the Hopper you have to press guide like 4 or 5 times before it will show the guide when you first turn it on, and then a couple of presses before it shows after using it. No 529 yet. I am inclined to upgrade to the CUI Beta because of this but I am wondering if I'll have any other worse problems. Don't know if it's worth the trade-off or not. I have a Hopper w/Sling and a Super Joey. Anyway have the same or similar and any problems with the CUI Beta running on them?

Trying this on my H2K - followed directions.... It reboots several times then goes to standby - been 1/2hr with nothing else happening. Does it matter if there are recordings in progress?

***correction***. This was actually my HWS (tho I have since tried my H2K with the same results.)

I did try stopping all recordings without success.

Last edited:
Trying this on my H2K - followed directions.... It reboots several times then goes to standby - been 1/2hr with nothing else happening. Does it matter if there are recordings in progress?
Yes if its recording then it won't do anything as it needs to shut down all the tuners, but won't shut them down if they are in use.

*** PLEASE READ***

For the past few month now DISH employees have been able to test the upcoming new Carbon UI for the DISH Hopper series, employees were able to download this software using a special key combination on their remotes.

Earlier this week this secret key combination was made public, and I have been playing "Wack a Mole" removing these posts............!

This mole has a headache.:)

I have two Hopper WS and have done the combo on both of them. They both restarted a couple of times(hard drive made some clicking noises 3 or 4 times before the last restart) and now have been sitting at the standby screen for about 45 minutes. Both also downloaded the guide data while on the standby screen. One Hopper is on 529 and the other 528. We shall see what happens.

My H2K, Just go an update last night to S614.
My HWS is Still on S528 since November.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts