DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

Trying this on my H2K - followed directions.... It reboots several times then goes to standby - been 1/2hr with nothing else happening. Does it matter if there are recordings in progress?

***correction***. This was actually my HWS (tho I have since tried my H2K with the same results.)

I did try stopping all recordings without success.
FWIW I'm having the same issue attempting this on my HWS and none of my other tuners were in use.
Could there be a limit to how many are allowed the upgrade?
I've gone ahead and selected "Download Later" to see if it will do it tonight...

FWIW I'm having the same issue attempting this on my HWS and none of my other tuners were in use.
Could there be a limit to how many are allowed the upgrade?
I've gone ahead and selected "Download Later" to see if it will do it tonight...

It would be nice to see pics at least.

"we" are wondering, what it looks like.
It would be nice to see pics at least.
In all honesty, if you've seen pictures or videos that Scott and others have posted from places like CES, those are accurate today. Nothing has changed much...

My honest opinion after using this for almost a week is, "bleh". It's different but not as exciting as it's been built up to be. It is faster, which alone is a great thing for me.

My wife and our 17-year old son have been using it for that week as well and have made no comments whatsoever about it. Nothing about, "Dad, why did you change the 'happer' ?" or my wife complaining that it's different.

Our 14-year old daughter had the best comment .... "it's sooooo ugly" ! :eek: :eek:

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's not definitive yet and until you hear from Dish you may want to put a note in the OP - in big, bold letters - not to do this on an original Hopper until you get confirmation from Dish.
Like I said, I'm going to just wait and see what happens tonight with the regular update.
But otherwise, Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to bother with the HWS.
I actually don't mind the UI we have now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well here I go I've decided to try it its downloading now.Im going to get the hopper3 when its released so might as well check it out.Will update later....
Well here I go I've decided to try it its downloading now.Im going to get the hopper3 when its released so might as well check it out.Will update later....
Its been a few hours since the download and its working ok.You can tell its a work in progress there are somethings missing-no EHD icon in menu-weathernation app not working-no way to check temperature of HWS that info is gone.I will update later

I hope someone can help me with what I am doing wrong.

I have done this procedure 3 times now for 1 of my 3 HWS using the download now button. Each time it:
  1. Reboots
  2. Screen saver screen appears
  3. After about a minute, it reboots a second time
  4. Screen saver screen appears
  5. After a couple minutes, a screen appears saying "Software S528 Up to date" and "Guide download x% done"
Shouldn't I see a software download screen a some point?

I do have 1 Joey linked to this HWS, but I have confirmed it is turned off. I have also tried an unplug reset twice.

Thanks.

I don't have a problem with the current UI, but I'm a real function over form kinda guy. 3 hours of guide on the screen beats 2.5 any day.

But I will admit some of the ways of digging thru the menus for something is a bit odd, almost random. Kinda making sense in retrospect isn't as good as being intuitively obvious on the way in.

BTW- notice how it's been a really long time since anyone has complained about there not being a list mode for the DVR contents?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I hope someone can help me with what I am doing wrong.

I have done this procedure 3 times now for 1 of my 3 HWS using the download now button. Each time it:
  1. Reboots
  2. Screen saver screen appears
  3. After about a minute, it reboots a second time
  4. Screen saver screen appears
  5. After a couple minutes, a screen appears saying "Software S528 Up to date" and "Guide download x% done"
Shouldn't I see a software download screen a some point?

I do have 1 Joey linked to this HWS, but I have confirmed it is turned off. I have also tried an unplug reset twice.

Thanks.
Exact same issue here. The download initially worked for me but hung up and never finished so I stopped it. I can't get it to start again and I'm having above said issue.

I hope it's more like the old interface from the non hopper days. I hate the picture tiles. Slow and hard to navigate. I would really like to have the option of the old, simple, lined recording lists. I know I'm in the minority, but I would just love the option.

Exact same issue here. The download initially worked for me but hung up and never finished so I stopped it. I can't get it to start again and I'm having above said issue.

It hasn't ever started a download for me. How long did you have to wait before seeing the download start the first time?

I don't have a problem with the current UI, but I'm a real function over form kinda guy. 3 hours of guide on the screen beats 2.5 any day.

But I will admit some of the ways of digging thru the menus for something is a bit odd, almost random. Kinda making sense in retrospect isn't as good as being intuitively obvious on the way in.

BTW- notice how it's been a really long time since anyone has complained about there not being a list mode for the DVR contents?

I concur

Reactions: navychop
i like that Dish is allowing public beta testing for the Carbon UI, but i'm gonna stick with the current UI and just wait it out so all the bugs can be worked out. but still cool to see public beta testing,

good luck with the Carbon UI beta testing to those who entered the point of no return and is willing to take that risk to help Dish out.

Reactions: tallfence
To those who are seeing no progress...I saw no progress last night except my Joey didn't work. Someone else had that problem too then it was working the next day. I don't see any negatives to upgrading unless you use the app or features people have mentioned above. It's not the point of no return but temporary. We will still get the new official interface update it has been mentioned, at the very least even if you don't get the h3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)