DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

Here is a new problem lately on the HWS with the Carbon. When i go into an app, weathernation then go back to live tv, the screen is black with audio and i have to reboot the box. The guide works, menu etc, turn box off and on but still a black screen. This past time when it came back to the black screen, i hit record for 5 mins, stopped recording, then rebooted the box and on playback it had recorded the picture fine. Not sure why this is happening but hopefully they get this fixed. Anyone else had this happen?Thanks.

Here is a new problem lately on the HWS with the Carbon. When i go into an app, weathernation then go back to live tv, the screen is black with audio and i have to reboot the box. The guide works, menu etc, turn box off and on but still a black screen. This past time when it came back to the black screen, i hit record for 5 mins, stopped recording, then rebooted the box and on playback it had recorded the picture fine. Not sure why this is happening but hopefully they get this fixed. Anyone else had this happen?Thanks.
I just tried it on my hws with carbon and all the opens close back to live TV fine.

What version software did you get ?
U210?

Because I had that issue as well until U210.
That seemed to address it.
How long has the new UI been on your Hopper?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I have U210. I have been having the carbon at least since April.
I think it's safe to say, many of the bugs effect some and not others.

I had the App issues from the beginning, up until U210.

Maybe you have to wait until the next release.
Also going into Netflix, and then exiting Netflix used to work in removing the blank screen.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I know this post was back in May, but did you ever get this figured out? I ran the upgrade a couple of days ago and running into the same problem as you.

The Hopper Carbon UI installed fine, however, when I turned the Joey's on after Carbon was installed on the Hopper, it would begin the process and then the bar stops at like 10% and just get stuck on "Downloading Information." I've reset it a couple of times and gets stuck in the same place.

Troch77 - I do not have those versions available, only W150 was there, but the rest were different.

FYI if anybody ran into this problem and found this post on the Googles. I ended up just getting replacement Hopper and back to the old UI. No Carbon for me.

FYI if anybody ran into this problem and found this post on the Googles. I ended up just getting replacement Hopper and back to the old UI. No Carbon for me.
Question is, Do the Joeys roll backwards in software?
If not than the Joeys need to be replaced as well.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

So far I can happily say I haven't ran into these issues. Running u213 and no issues as of yet

After reading this thread, I debated with myself whether or not to try it. I just couldn't resist. So, early this morning I took the plunge. It went pretty smoothly (HWS). Now running U221. I like it much better. No problems yet except for lack of Apps (initially). but are now available.

I have 2 HWS receivers. One of them received the new UI a couple weeks ago. But the one in my living room still hasn't updated. I felt sure it would follow suit within a few days of the first one updating. Have they put a hold on the release?

Well, I survived the transition to the CUI.:) The wife's HWS went up and Dish sent a replacement with the new CUI. Therefore, I had to update the other (mine) HWS to the CUI also. Had a hiccup with the networking but I managed to get it corrected. Both Joeys updated overnight with no problems. Still working my way through all the screens but figured out the important ones. It's nice to have the 50 voice remote working now. Haven't hooked up the EHD's yet so I don't know if there is an issue. I'll try hooking one of the EHD's up tonight and see how it goes. There is definitely a speed difference from the old UI but not as bad as I was expecting. My Joeys (V1) do have a lag and I can see why some people updated to a Joey2. I can deal with the lag on the Joeys until I eventually upgrade to the H3. Just have to deal with the "I hate this new s***. Why did you change it?" until the wife gets used to the CUI.:(

Reactions: SandFarmer
Any word on the release hold? I was getting all paranoid as the 22nd got nearer and then remembered there was a delay. Now I "kinda" want it IF the PQ is better as has been mentioned. Just got a new 8 Series LCD to replace my, insert tear here, old DLP (which is being fixed, yaa!) and I hate the LCD. That is while it's on the HwS. I switch to Blu-ray or an on board widget, HBOGO, VUDU, etc. and it's great. So just wonderin'.

You can force it if you want it. Haven't seen anything posted here about the date that came and went...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Why would anyone want to be the first to get an update? Please put me on the very last of the list! I mean two years later when your absolutely sure that it won't break anything then send the update to my box. I can wait. Not in any hurry here. :)

My guess is that most of those who are on this forum like to live on the cutting edge of technology. I know I do, within reason.
Those who have a problem with their system also come to this forum for help.
The first group just love to argue back and forth about one thing or another. I take a minor interest in that but it becomes old when it goes on and on without any discernable end or solution to the problems, or perceived problems.

I chose to install the CUI on one of my H2s, early in the game as I wanted to compare it with the then current UI. I was foiled when the Dish system discovered I had the second H2 and downloaded the new CUI to it. That annoyed me somewhat but I got over it as I discovered the advantages of having the same software on both.
End result tho, is I have certain programs that I like to watch on TV and/but I don't spend my life on TV. There's weeds to pull and books to read and walks to take.

Reactions: Hall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)