DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

As long as the CUI won't let me record on HWS 2 when HWS 1 has run out of tuners, keep it.

People were screaming for that feature. Now that it's here, nobody cares that it's not part of the CUI. Amazes me.

I recently upgraded my two HWS with the Carbon UI. I really like the new look, but who watches recorded shows in reverse order? Newest episodes first with no way to change the order? For me this is just aggravating.... Hope this gets fixed with an option to change the order soon.

Last edited:
I recently upgraded my two HWS with the Carbon UI. I really like the new look, but who watches recorded shows in reverse order? Newest episodes first with no way to change the order? For me this is just aggravating.... Hope this gets fixed with an option to change the order soon.

You can click options while in that shows folder and then select sort. Then you can sort the order however you like.

You can click options while in that shows folder and then select sort. Then you can sort the order however you like.

Smokey the only options are to display by season/episode or record date. The order of the seasons and episodes are fixed with the newest first.

If you are an avid sports fan like me you most likely watch slow motion replays. While the Carbon UI seems more stable than the original UI, the grey banner at the bottom of the screen may cause viewing problems.

100_5814-2.JPG

Last edited:
If you are an avid sports fan like me you most likely watch slow motion replays. While the Carbon UI seems more stable than the original UI, the grey banner at the bottom of the screen may cause viewing problems.

View attachment 125206

Well I am very pleased. I received Software Version U233 early this morning (04-07-17 @ 01:17) and the grey banner is now gone. How about that, Yay!

100_5821-3.JPG !

... I have decided to stop playing the game of wack a mole and instead use this to help DISH get more feedback for the new UI before it is released to the general public. If there is any forum with members who can give informed feedback its our members here at SatelliteGuys!

Since the Wally user interface is the same as the Hopper 3, are you seeking testers to try the Wally version of the new software?

There's really no more 'testing', other than daily, normal usage. The new interface is effectively standard on most of Dish's current receivers.

but it seems all references to previous versions have been removed from the forum, is that normal here?
I'm pretty sure no one goes back and deletes threads on older versions of s/w, they likely just fall way down the list of topics. There's really no point in continuing discussion on old versions either though - no one runs these versions but if they are, something else is wrong. Users can't "stop" s/w updates and stay on old versions.

Reactions: DWS44
Early yesterday morning both of my receivers received software update U234. Not sure what it broke, changed or fixed. Anyone know?

I upgraded my HWS about a month ago. I do not see any improvements in the CUI. I only see problems and changes that I do not like . ie: the 2 1/2 hour guide instead of three (Prime time is three hours. we need 3 hour guide on PT). To get a EHD program to play, you have to enter it twice and each time it kicks you back out and you have to reenter the EHD each time. The whole layout is not as functional, as the old layout.. It is not any faster as advertised. If I thought it thru, I could list a whole lot more.

Reactions: tallfence
the 2 1/2 hour guide instead of three (Prime time is three hours. we need 3 hour guide on PT)
Since it's recording everything, seeing what's on isn't as important in this case. Outside of your local channels and primetime, I guess to a tiny, tiny degree, this is a negative (to each his/her own).
It is not any faster as advertised
Correct, in fact, I believe it's slightly slower. If it were equal in speed, that would be acceptable at least. IMO, it's a mistake to push it to all Hopper and Joey models.... I understand why they would want to though.

Yes, it can. I'm afraid it won't be a pleasant experience if you do though. Not that it matters though 'cause Dish is going to update your receiver eventually.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

May their CUI programmers burn in Hell for deleting the ability to record on Hopper 2 when Hopper 1 has used all its tuners.

Do they believe in Hell in India? Or the U.K.? Or even CO?

Reactions: Cypresstree
Has anyone had remotes die using HWS and Joeys with CUI? Over the last year I've now had four remotes die all with the same symptoms. One day the onscreen message will read Battery Low, the next day it's dead. If I put new batteries in the Sat blinks opposite TV and Aux for about 5 times and does nothing. Can't locate. Can't unpair/re-pair. Very frustrating. Prior to CUI my remotes were original and at least 5 years old. I wouldn't think the UI would have anything to do with it but I've seen weirder things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts