DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

Crap, I "upgraded" my Hopper (original) 2 days ago, what a mistake! Looked like they were going to do it anyway next month, so I said might as well give it shot.

The features "look" good, like more folders... but this is slow! And if you have 2 ehds hooked up, good luck getting a movie to play. Just sits on a black screen. Rebooted everything, and I got one movie to play off one drive, but no luck with playing a second one.

Hate to give in and get the h3, but looks like that's what Dish is forcing us that were happy with 3 tuners to do.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Crap, I "upgraded" my Hopper (original) 2 days ago, what a mistake!

...but this is slow!
It's slower on the Hopper 2 so it is sure to be bad on the Hopper 1. We upgraded from a H1 to a H2 (and later, to an H3) and the performance of the H2 was certainly noticeable over the H1.

Reactions: DWS44
I am not looking forward to this "upgrade". There have been a few times in the past where it was thought that the CUI upgrade was going to be released to everyone, but for some reason it never happened. I am secretly hoping that this is another false alarm (although this time I think it is real). I would be happy if they just left my HWS the way it is now.

original Joey more or less worthless

The original Joey was damn near worthless the day it was released! ;)

Hate to give in and get the h3, but looks like that's what Dish is forcing us that were happy with 3 tuners to do.

Honestly...if you only have a single Hopper, whether you only need 3 tuners or not, you'll wish you had upgraded sooner once you get the H3! It is SO much faster in operation than the original Hopper ever was, regardless of UI. :D

Reactions: tcat007
Beginning the long task of moving what I want to save to ehds.

I can upgrade to h3, and still maintain my 2 year Flex price guarantee, right? I'll probably drop 1 of my 2 Joey's when I do.

Last edited:
or else what?
Suddenlink or DirecTV, maybe just cut the cord and save $100+ per month.

If Dish thinks so little of its customers as to foist a crappy OS off on us when we had a decent one - a 14 year customer is gone.

I don't want a slower response, I don't want my hoppers to no longer be able to record for each other, if the new OS is not an improvement, I already have 3 TiVos with cable card capability so I can go cable or I can go DirecTV or I can use them OTA.

Suddenlink or DirecTV, maybe just cut the cord and save $100+ per month.

If Dish thinks so little of its customers as to foist a crappy OS off on us when we had a decent one - a 14 year customer is gone.

I don't want a slower response, I don't want my hoppers to no longer be able to record for each other, if the new OS is not an improvement, I already have 3 TiVos with cable card capability so I can go cable or I can go DirecTV or I can use them OTA.

This is exactly the way that I feel. Why do I want to be force fed an "upgrade" that is worse than what I have? It makes no sense for the customer. We continue to have increased prices & fees, yet channels disappear & never replaced or replaced with 1960's games shows. I don't want to watch a square boxed picture on my tv. I want a quality picture. If Dish can't or won't understand this, then I can switch to another provider & become another loss for them

So I guess the price guarantee does move with the contract... I've only been on 2 yr price for a couple months.

So I guess the price guarantee does move with the contract... I've only been on 2 yr price for a couple months.
In that case, the contract would be extended by a couple months (if Dish requires a contract for the equipment upgrade) but the guaranteed price would still run out when it was originally scheduled to. At least, that is the way I understand it.

Got a surprise this morning. I don't see a Don't Want selection. Oh well, guess I will get to play with my voice remote control, soon!
Oh no.jpg

What is the best way to download the new CUI? I have two HWSs, two WJs, and one Joey 1. Should I unplug the Joeys, download both Hoppers at the same time, etc? Thanks for any help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)