DISH Hopper Wireless Keyboard / Remote / Social Networking Concept Video

Nice Job! I'm very interested in it as well. I like where they are going, and hope that this is in the pipeline for this year.

Scott is this a concept product or is this for real?

Its a working concept...

But I am sure it really wasn't posting to facebook or twitter, but that was just a mock up to show you the idea. But other features were working and worked well. They handed me the remote and I was impressed with what was working. Very well thought out!

It is important to point out this concept may NEVER be released, unless you guys let DISH know you want to see this for real! This is just a concept from ECHOSTAR not DISH, That's why I am asking people to post here because they are watching.

I had another couple of thoughts.

The Logitech Review that I bought from dish can't come close to the performance of this.

Forget the social contacts part, at 64 I DON'T want that part. Too"big brother" for me!

Yet here you are, at a social networking site. Yep, I had to swallow hard when I realized that, too.

I can do without knowing what other people are watching or letting them know what I am watching.
That's one aspect of social networking I just don't get. Why do people think others are interesting in what they are doing, reading, watching, eating, listening to, where they are, who they are with, etc? And, why would someone wish to know that about others? (unless they were stalking them, or something.) I just couldn't give a rat's patootie.

Watch at about 7:31 in the video where somebody says "Off air tuner" and the presenter stumbles for a split second, and continues as they start laughing! Priceless! :D

Very interested in having something like this. Yes DISH get this out to the masses!!

Watch at about 7:31 in the video where somebody says "Off air tuner" and the presenter stumbles for a split second, and continues as they start laughing! Priceless! :D
The "off-air tuner" comment is barely noticeable. And, the imagined stumble is barely a pause. It really appears that the two have nothing to do with each other.

I'm interested. I was thinking the other day that the remote lacked a keyboard for searching. Also there are times I want to check IMDB, chat with others about something really quick or just check the news in between commercial breaks instead of fast forwarding. The tagging system is nice, I'm always wanting my cousin to check out something, the same can be said with him. I also like the optical select button, and the ability to choose any point in the video without the fast forwarding. The people who thought of this really did their job. Great concept!

I assume hardware wise that it would just be the remote, and then the software would just be added to the Hopper/Joeys in a later s/w update.

Scott, thanks for the video. I love the remote control. This blows away my Logitech dinovo mini and my boxee box remote. I am not to keen on the socials networking stuff, but it is a huge play for the masses. My wife would definitely love it, but I like my privacy. :) I do love the tagging too.

I think Dish has to do this. The battle for the dominant box in the living room is going to be huge. Xbox is going to add a browser, Apple is rumored to be selling chips to tv makers to AirPlay enable the tv,s, boxee box, roku, etc. this would be a very smart move on Dish's part. The battle for the dominant box attached to the TV has barely begun. It should get interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts