Dish Install---Asked for 922 said it was no longer Available

ItaliaVP

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
Hi Everyone,

Im getting Dish installed on Saturday to complement Fios due to their better HD and Italian Channels Offering plus Im just a tech geek. I asked for the 922, but only offered me the 612 since the 922 was no longer available(they couldnt give me a 722 either supposedly because I dont have use for SD TV 2). Was the sales rep being accurate? She also told me that I would have no issue upgrading to the Hopper once its out "in March". I have a 3 HD TV setup btw. (1 HD-DVR + 2 regular HDs)

I don't see why you couldn't get a 722 which has a few advantages over the 612 at the same monthly cost.
Just lie and say you want to hook up the kitchen tv (sd)
The installer wont care cuz he will get the points and wont have to do the work.
Then put the 722 in single mode.

This is your lucky day. You really don't want the ViP922, IMHO.

The ViP722K is excellent, especially with a Sling Adapter. BTW, YOU get to choose what gets installed. YOU'RE paying for it. You do not have to accept a ViP612, and you don't owe them any explanations.

Call and cancel the entire install. They won't let you upgrade to the Hopper in March. They usually make you wait a year for a DIU. Better to wait until March and be a new customer and get the best Hopper deal. With 3 HDTVs, you're an ideal customer for a Hopper and two Joeys.

Call and cancel the entire install. They won't let you upgrade to the Hopper in March. They usually make you wait a year for a DIU. Better to wait until March and be a new customer and get the best Hopper deal. With 3 HDTVs, you're an ideal customer for a Hopper and two Joeys.

I'm sure the CSR is right - you won't have any trouble upgrading in March - if you are willing to pay the price.

I agree with navychop, I would probably wait if your not in a hurry.

Even if the Dish CSRs have been told new customers can upgrade right away, I doubt they know any pricing details and could answer any specifics.

If you go ahead and change the order, do it via online chat, re-ask all the upgrade questions, repeat back your interpretation and have them acknowledge it, then save the transcript.

Thanks for all the input! I dont think I will go as far a canceling the order. My Fios and Dish are replacing TWC, which I got rid of this week. People in the house will rip me a new one if they miss certain Italian programs on a channel that Dish has but Fios doesnt for an extended period of time. (TWC had it). FYI, Im saving $100 a month with a Triple Play with Fios + Everything Pack/Panorama Italiano with Dish vs TWC's Triple Play. So question now do i go for the 722 now or take the 612 then upgrade (i dont mind paying) to the hopper/joey in march?

Hi Everyone,

Im getting Dish installed on Saturday to complement Fios due to their better HD and Italian Channels Offering plus Im just a tech geek. I asked for the 922, but only offered me the 612 since the 922 was no longer available(they couldnt give me a 722 either supposedly because I dont have use for SD TV 2). Was the sales rep being accurate? She also told me that I would have no issue upgrading to the Hopper once its out "in March". I have a 3 HD TV setup btw. (1 HD-DVR + 2 regular HDs)

If you send me a PM with your phone number or account number, I can change your order to be installed with a 722 (922 is not available for new or existing customers). There is no longer a wait period on upgrades (DISH'n It Ups).

So if I install now I can upgrade when the new stuff comes out?

Since there isn't any information on what the requirements are going to be, I couldn't say that you can upgrade to the Hopper for sure. As of right now, there is no limit on how many times you can do an upgrade, but pricing may vary.

So someone with a failing ViP922 will get an offer of a replacement ViP922?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)