dish install / nagging our buddies

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
This was a little off topic where I first posted it, so I decided to give it it's own thread.

. . . taken out of context . . . and edited for silliness: - :D
I lost my job in 2006 and it was quite an unsettling experience.
... That's when I found and took down two 12 foot paraclipse dishes (one from another member here and a great guy) and learned more about 4DTV.
...It was a great way to get my mind off the job situation.
I was lucky that I was working again in a few weeks (12 foot dishes still on the ground though!) but I know first hand that it usually works out OK over the long term,
Careful there, Zorak.

You're gonna get on my worry list, just like Tron.
He got a Paraclipse just last year, and hasn't gotten it up yet, either! - :eek:

Around here, that's a lot like throwing away food while folks go hungry.
Some rough gang of dish installers may come over and put it up for ya.
And not where ya want it! How's the middle of your front yard sound? - :rolleyes:

What do you think Iceberg? Got some free time?

the pot, calling . . .

Yea, but you just got those BUDs.
Tron dragged (well, rolled as I recall) his home a year ago.
Zorak even longer!

I figure as a dues-paying member of the club, I'm allowed to laugh at my fellow procrastinators:

A). I once bought a garage door opener, which then sat on the shelf for five years before I installed it. - :eek:
Worked great!

B). My hi def TV is over two years old, and though I have a wall bracket for it, still isn't mounted. - :rolleyes:
Yes, I am using it!

A and B were in different decades, but same problem.

share the wealth

Mel is new around here, but I think he can take a good ribbing.
(Yea , a little satellite humor)
I'll even post a pic of a Birdview perf down the road that was given to me a few months back..........guess I need to get around to taking it down before Linuxman finds it............lol
I don't know which is worse -
- putting off the install of a nice dish you have bagged...
- or putting off getting a nice dish that someone else might steal away from ya... :eek:

Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow, I always say. Especially if there's a cold one or a cigar nearby. :D

I just finished responding to Zorak's post, then I see THIS thread ;)

I'd love to host a dish raising party, but before we start, we'll need two... no make that THREE things:

1) And most importantly, replacement mesh :)

2) Some good beverages... and

3) A few dish-approving females to inspire and cheer us on while we work :eek:

1) And most importantly, replacement mesh :)

I 'don 'tol you, knuckle head, I have the mesh off the Winegard I scrapped, all you have to do is bring your wagon over here and get it.

I don't wanna hear it anymore. ;):)

I 'don 'tol you, knuckle head, I have the mesh off the Winegard I scrapped, all you have to do is bring your wagon over here and get it.

I don't wanna hear it anymore. ;):)

AARRGGHH I keep forgetting about that. It should fit the Paraclipse (8.5 feet)...

Now, how about the good beverages and the dish-approving females? :D ;)

AARRGGHH I keep forgetting about that. It should fit the Paraclipse (8.5 feet)...

Now, how about the good beverages and the dish-approving females? :D ;)

Beverages-done. There's a Wal-Mart nearby. Females....hummm the ones I didn't kill in my younger days, I crippled up real bad, so no. Sorry. :cool:

The mesh is from a 10-footer, btw.

All you have to bring is another peace offering. ;):D

(last trade we did I got a Universal LNB, for those of you that are wondering) :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts